VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU increase and other issues

Rate this question

Rivet62

Question

So, I'm updating my back issues with physical therapy findings. VA sees records dated 4 years ago, but things have changed for the worse.

I'm filing for TDIU but I would also like to file for other increases too just in case TDIU is denied or it takes forever.

Is that possible?

Edited by Rivet62

7 minutes ago, ArNG11 said:

Rivet62 did you write you don't have a copy of your Cfile.  What about your attorney does he not have a copy?  

The paralegal says the attorney has a virtual copy with no easy way to copy it except for screenshots that would have to pasted then printed or stored on an electronic medium.  I have made an electronic form request for my C-File through my paralegal's submission. VA can't find that request. Months later I called 1-800-Peggy and they said I don't need a form, just hand write the request on plain paper. A month later I call 1-800-Peggy and the next mouth said that they see the handwritten request but can't process it because it's not on the proper request form. It's a game of 'Mother May I" and the mother is a real mother f. 

Not having ink in the printer (that's coming in a few days, because I'm tired of trips across town to the photocopier shop), I'll print the form out and mail it and maybe one of these years I'll have the C-File. It's a bloody elusive thing. Maybe it's a comet, you can catch a glimpse or you don't.

16 minutes ago, ArNG11 said:

The VA is the most formidable entity that I have ever had to deal with much worse than Department of Labor, Social Security, OPM combined believe me that is saying something.

I would have to say that is true. It is unlike anything I have ever encountered. It makes me think the VA is the DoD, which casts a long shadow over everything and anything else.

Different agencies same game deny deny and more deny expecting the claimant to just give up.  That is the way it is but you have to be persistent and not give up,  never give up, not with handcuffs on and vices on your lips, fight when you are in the right and have the evidence , regulations, laws and medical opinions.  The law is on your side, sometimes you just have to remind them that the law is on our side and spell it out.  I have been successful because of this.  It is personal for me.  I'm not going to fight for something don't deserve or have the evidence for.  

1 minute ago, ArNG11 said:

fight when you are in the right and have the evidence , regulations, laws and medical opinions.

I'm learning

2 minutes ago, ArNG11 said:

The law is on your side, sometimes you just have to remind them that the law is on our side and spell it out.  I have been successful because of this.  It is personal for me.  I'm not going to fight for something don't deserve or have the evidence for.  

Requests for increases should include the regs, laws, and case outcomes. It takes work doesn't it?  I never thought I would be entering a career just submitting claims. I'm learning. It takes work. So much work that it would seem reasonable to deny unemployability if you are capable of enough to present the evidence and the arguments on the proper form and at the proper time. Thank God they don't look at it that way.

2 minutes ago, Rivet62 said:

I'm learning

Requests for increases should include the regs, laws, and case outcomes. It takes work doesn't it?  I never thought I would be entering a career just submitting claims. I'm learning. It takes work. So much work that it would seem reasonable to deny unemployability if you are capable of enough to present the evidence and the arguments on the proper form and at the proper time. Thank God they don't look at it that way.

Not yet.  Eventually the squeaky wheel gets looked at.  That's okay,  Im not the one breaking the law or not following regulations or tampering with medical evidence.  I leave that crap to the VA, I just love catching them and proving how messed up they are,  at least in my claims, it is personal, and I have taken it personal so they rile me up every time.  I hate it even more when they do it to other brothers and sisters.  It is not right.