VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BENEFITS SUMMARY letter

Rate this question

blahsaysme2u

Question

im posting this here bc, well ebennies still up but really this is a VA.gov issue now.

so i was awarded 100% EED of 11/21/2019 and that translated over to 12/11/2019 somehow. 

so i go on va.gov to download a letter for verification and i see this

image.png.6e3bc785130360235314f6fa10d9f47e.png

i had a denial letter come in december for a claim but no decrease or increase in SC....why did the EED change on my benefit letter? i have the OG letter i downloaded when i first got 100%PT(didnt feel like searching for it till i saw this...was easier just to download a new one- so i thought.) here is the OG letter i downloaded in april of 2021(also there seems to be a lot of info missing like EED of P&T and the YES label from the new letter...)

image.thumb.png.69475fa66dfeed1c601054f35cc288e6.png

Edited by blahsaysme2u

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

That has me also scratching my head, too.  I know the letter generator is basically a "form fill" solution where they take some elements from your information in their database and merge it with a form letter. I remember having to print my P&T letter each year when I got my car tag renewed and it periodically had bad info in it. If you are POA'd with a VSO or lawyer with access to VBMS, they can pull up the code sheet info and tell you exactly. It should also be on the separate award letter when they granted you P&T.

i thought the same thing...but again, what are we supposed to do if we need letters to send in showing when we were awarded 100% P&T...especially like @Vync said for taxes etc. i mean thank godzilla i save everything- but some vets rely on those letter generators...and if they are just using the last change in benefits date instead of the EED of your P&T- that just sux