VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VBMS and Code Sheet in C-File?

Rate this question

Rivet62

Question

Maybe, if the RO is open and if there is someone there that is available to access it. You'd definitely want to call ahead first, though. They aren't going to let you move in and print stuff and take notes for the day, though, if they did. RO's are all operating on a limited footing right now and based on the last email I got from local leadership, will continue to do so well past 30JAN, when we were initially looking to start transitioning back to the office-at least where I am in the Midwest. Other RO's may have different local polices based on whatever the conditions are where they are located. 

11 minutes ago, Rivet62 said:

Can I see the VBMS and Code Sheet in my C-File at a VARO?

You can contact the VARO and request a complete copy of your latest rating decision including the legacy sheet/page.  What most veterans don't know is that each rating decision comes with a legacy sheet/page, but the VARO doesn't send it out with the rating decision unless the veteran request it. If you have a complete copy of the legacy sheet/page, it should list all your service connected and non-service-connected disabilities.

And that sheet (the 2nd part, the 'code sheet') also lists if your disabilities are static, which ones aren't, and if you have any RFE's coming up in the future. These are indicated by month and year, not specific dates. 

Oddly enough the 2nd part of that sheet is not with my records with the last VA decision or a few of them actually.   I can't seem to find it in my digital copy of my file. HMMM food for thought.  Seems like I may do an FOIA request after my decision.  Good stuff guys.  GOOD STUFF!!

Okay so I was curious and ran some numbers with the Code sheet in my CFILE.  When I win the Hypothyroidsm and GERD to 30% as the should be by regulation changes and law I will be a combined 96% hence 100%.  This is without the BVA service connecting my hips, which has a good possibility of happening.  Knock on the gavels wood?  I never gave those sheets a 5th look see.  HMMM Knowledge.  GOOD WEAPON>  GOOD TARGET> WEAPONS AWAY.....