VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Assistance with TDIU form 21-8940

Rate this question

Rivet62

Question

I need assistance please with filling out the TDIU form, VA Form 21-8940. 

Do I need to break down the dates that I was under each doctor's care? 

It's all at the same VA Medical Center.

Thank you

18 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Try to leave some stuff out in the background that could potentially get worse to file for later. 

Does radiculopathy count as a back issue? I don't even know if my radiculopathy is rated as secondary to my back issues. Once again having the C-File would help a lot. How do I find out what the secondary conditions are in my existing claims?

3 minutes ago, Rivet62 said:

Does radiculopathy count as a back issue? I don't even know if my radiculopathy is rated as secondary to my back issues. Once again having the C-File would help a lot. How do I find out what the secondary conditions are in my existing claims?

Radiculopathy falls under partial paralysis of the peripheral nerves and is usually rated separately. Its not a super high threshold. When I got hurt and ruptured two discs  I knew it because I couldn't feel my toes all the way- like coming in from a cold day, but all the time. I don't have foot drop but I have reduced poke sensation and I occasionally miss steps because my toes don't want to work that day. Falling down stairs is fun /sarc. Needless to say I watch my feet when I walk unless I'm in a familiar place.

4142s are for medical information not employment information. They are a release form for records, and are only needed for medical, or investigative records from police, shore patrol, SHARP/SAPRO, etc. They don't have anything to do with your employment. Thats the 21-4192. 

SMC K is used a lot with *ahem* sexual issues, too. You can get SMC-K for a dead pencil. 

9 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

4142s are for medical information not employment information. They are a release form for records, and are only needed for medical, or investigative records from police, shore patrol, SHARP/SAPRO, etc. They don't have anything to do with your employment. Thats the 21-4192. 

AHH ok then. 4142s...Yes I can do that. 21-4192s...ok.

12 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Radiculopathy falls under partial paralysis of the peripheral nerves and is usually rated separately. Its not a super high threshold. When I got hurt and ruptured two discs  I knew it because I couldn't feel my toes all the way- like coming in from a cold day, but all the time.

Did you have to do nerve conduction studies to prove that?

6 minutes ago, Rivet62 said:

Did you have to do nerve conduction studies to prove that?

Have to? No, Ive had one but it was for an increase exam. My initial exam was a pin/poke test with various implements on the tops and bottoms of my feet and my legs in various places where the peripheral nerve paths are. You can look that up and see a picture if you google "radicular nerves back picture"