VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Assistance with TDIU form 21-8940

Rate this question

Rivet62

Question

I need assistance please with filling out the TDIU form, VA Form 21-8940. 

Do I need to break down the dates that I was under each doctor's care? 

It's all at the same VA Medical Center.

Thank you

13 minutes ago, Rivet62 said:

Ok on the nerves...

I need to get clear on the straight leg test. I'll search that. But I actually couldn't raise my leg. Waddell's sign. I'll search that too. 

They usually do it both seated and laying down. It’s easier, less painful, when seated. If a patient has 2 different reactions, or the seated pain is worse than laying down, it *can* be indicative of psychosocial or psychosomatic conditions.

Reactions that are out of character or exaggerated pain during movements that don’t cause pain can be interpreted as Waddell’s. 

33 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

They usually do it both seated and laying down. It’s easier, less painful, when seated. If a patient has 2 different reactions, or the seated pain is worse than laying down, it *can* be indicative of psychosocial or psychosomatic conditions.

Reactions that are out of character or exaggerated pain during movements that don’t cause pain can be interpreted as Waddell’s. 

Ahh...,maybe that's why the anesthesiologist (for epidural nerve block) sent me to a personality profile test. I think my back is more complicated than the L5 nerve the anesthesiologist was addressing though. And, not to down him too much, he did verify my lower right radiculopathy.  In any case, in the results of my psycho test the psychologist said bla bla bla (refuting me somewhat...I think) and then he wrote OR the patient may be crying for help (Well yeah I'm trying to get pain addressed and you guys are ducking out). Instead of playing games --treat my pain, and if you can't treat my pain be straight forward...and if you're too lazy to explore why there's pain, then be straight forward, don't reach for the "it's all in the patient's head"...at least that's how I feel about it. It seems I get more bla bla bla about my pain complaints and less 'lets do something real about it.'  Finally they are finally zeroing in on what it actually is, but it has taken quite a while. I would say it has taken me 7 years to boldly go to where no man has gone before (my thoracic spine). Literally. I would complain about my thoracic and I could watch the eyes drift down to lumbar, this for 7 years. Well now finally I'm rated for DDD on the thoracic 🙄 I don't know if there's compressed nerves there, and they don't either. I'll have to pull the donkey a bit harder, and I hope it doesn't take years to find out.

Edited by Rivet62

30 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Ahh...so that's why my lumbar records now show spondylosis(?) and stenosis. But that diagnosis came from my new primary care doctor who looked though all my records, including the most recent one with the anesthesiologist. I have a great primary care doctor now. She's cutting through the crap.

Edited by Rivet62