VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recent toe amputation, on IVs at least until February 19, C&P exam scheduled Feb 2…what if cancelled..?

Rate this question

msh789

Question

My dad is 91 years old, he recently had his toe amputated a couple weeks ago, he had Covid for a second time during his hospital visit, and he’s now in a rehab facility, also on IVs at least until February 19. He’s supposed to have a C and P exam February 2. Had called the 800-827-1000 number to request a doctor go to him for the exam, but we were never gotten back with any information to confirm. The timing is just so terrible of everything here. If he misses/cancels his February 2 appointment,  is his claim automatically denied…? It is for aid & attendance. I guess the only hope is that the VA 800 number has a record/request asking that a doctor go see him. But like I said, nobody got back to us about that yet.  They said it can take about a month, and we only made that phone call about a week ago, because dad’s toe amputation, Covid, IV’s and everything… But obviously if/when they get back to us, his February 2 appointment will be canceled/messed, and he probably will be automatically denied…?

He also needs ambulance wheelchair transportation, we cannot transport him ourselves, even before this toe amputation, he needs to be transported in a wheelchair, because we cannot transport him ourselves. VA contractor company that schedules these appointments, they say they will only reschedule ONCE, and they can only reschedule for five days, which would put him at February 7, not anywhere remotely close to February 19. And truthfully, he is in such bad shape, I don’t think he would even be able to make an appointment in February 20. He’s on oxygen, has multiple comorbidities, and so far he can’t even get out of bed at all on his own… So he’s basically bedridden right now…

Edited by msh789
Typos

2 answers to this question

Sorry to hear this.

You should be able to reschedule the appointment out if not I would get a medical statement from the ppl at the hospital and the doctor who did his foot.

Get as much medical info as you can from them why he is in there care and send it to the va.

I would even ask the doctor to do a statement that he is in no shape for a exam.

Now the bad part va may look at the info and cancel the exam they might not look at it at all. An deny  the claim

But if he can't make it to the exam you will have the info in his record to appeal. An win

The va 1800 cant address this you must be proactive.

An ask an send in the doctor reports because they don't have them an don't understand he is in the hospital

the va that is.

The private comp exam company is not going to address this they are going to act like he miss a exam.

Last thing you can put in to have his case advance do to his health and age and use these records

I will posted the va address to send it to.

Good luck