VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Medical Records

Rate this question

KC3

Question

I am getting ready to submit an additional claim for an increase with a current condition and I see various doctors at  veterans clinic. 

Will the C&P examiner,  VA regional office/VA rater and etc. have access to these or do I need to copy and submit in claim? 

Which is really misleading because the 800 number doesn’t automatically go to supervisors.

So, by your post, someone reading will think that the person on the other end has full access to their file to answer questions and fix things- which they don’t 

Here is the thing, I am not trying to debate with you or disagree with you. You may be the best VA employee there ever was, but you still can’t speak for an entity that has well over 300,000 employees. With your assistance every claim that process can be granted but as a whole what does it really mean? Sure, someone can say good/great work, but it is not about you or the work you do because let us keep in mind that the BVA, CAVC, VSOs and attorneys and many other organizations/industries has been created to help veterans fight bad VA decision and it seems there is no end. The VA is more willing to hire new employees instead of paying veterans their benefits.

What’s the point of hiring new employees and teaching them improper procedures? Claims are still being denied and veterans are still filing appeals and winning them. My posts may not breakdown every little step that happens but that does not mean that I am wrong, I am sharing my experiences.  When a veteran calls the PEGGY 1 800 number and ask to speak to a supervisor, they are connected to a supervisor. It does not matter what you say or post because I know what happened, I was there, I had the conversation. Did I speak to you no, you were not involved in that conversation? You have no idea who I spoke to, and the facts are that individual told me she was going to deny my claim and my claim was denied only proves that you are trying to comment on something that you should not. I know it is your opinion, but the simple fact is this. I was told by a person claiming to be a supervisor and that she was going to deny my claim and my claim was denied and those are the facts, and your opinion can't take that away.   

Edited by pacmanx1

13 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

Here is the thing, I am not trying to debate with you or disagree with you. You may be the best VA employee there ever was, but you still can’t speak for an entity that has well over 300,000 employees. With your assistance every claim that process can be granted but as a whole what does it really mean? Sure, someone can say good/great work, but it is not about you or the work you do because let us keep in mind that the BVA, CAVC, VSOs and attorneys and many other organizations/industries has been created to help veterans fight bad VA decision and it seems there is no end. The VA is more willing to hire new employees instead of paying veterans their benefits.

What’s the point of hiring new employees and teaching them improper procedures? Claims are still being denied and veterans are still filing appeals and winning them. My posts may not breakdown every little step that happens but that does not mean that I am wrong, I am sharing my experiences.  When a veteran calls the PEGGY 1 800 number and ask to speak to a supervisor, they are connected to a supervisor. It does not matter what you say or post because I know what happened, I was there, I had the conversation. Did I speak to you no, you were not involved in that conversation? You have no idea who I spoke to, and the facts are that individual told me she was going to deny my claim and my claim was denied only proves that you are trying to comment on something that you should not. I know it is your opinion, but the simple fact is this. I was told by a person claiming to be a supervisor and that she was going to deny my claim and my claim was denied and those are the facts, and your opinion can't take that away.   

You just demonstrated my point. You talked to 'someone' at the 800 number. When? The call centers are not in the RO, they are wholly separate, and have been for at least a few years- so, your phone person would not just be able to transfer a call to a Rater, and a call center person has nothing to do with the rating of a claim, I don't care what level of supervisor they are.

They might be able to see a note on the claim that says that but a phone person has no authority to do anything WITH a claim. It may have been that way sometime ago but its not the way it is now, same with a lot of other things. Your post sets up the expectation that someone can call the 800 number and then get connected to someone with authority to do things to their claim. That's not how it works anymore. 

1 hour ago, brokensoldier244th said:

It may have been that way sometime ago but its not the way it is now, same with a lot of other things.

Let's stop this now ang give this post back to the OP (ORIGINAL POSTER), Let us agree to disagree. This did not happen also because you are not authorized to look into any record you want because that is also not your job. You just proved my point twice. First you yourself are giving false information about something you should not and if this did not happen, you would have never sent me a PM offering your assistance. Just let it go. I have every right to tell my story and for you to say that this does not happen anymore is just a lie or ignorance proving that you don't know what you are talking about because this happened within the last year. 

You forgot this PM you sent me. It may have been that way sometime ago but its not the way it is now. 

First of all, that sucks, and im sorry that happened. That shouldn't happen with uploads. I have seen it twice in 2000+ claims in the last year, but the result was a trouble ticket put in through IT to track down the claim through the mail system (electronic, that is, but it still counts as 'mail') and they were eventually found and the original date of submission was preserved for both. In 1 case the veteran had a screenshot or email or something to show that they had sent it, in the other case it uploaded a claim 'header'  but no contentions and was found within 2 weeks, and since other evidence had been submitted at the same time it was easy to see that something had gone wrong because from what I was looking at there was a claim established for me to log into, but no actual uploaded scanned claim form.

If you give me your name and SS# I can try to see what is going on- if you feel comfortable doing that.