VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Medical Records

Rate this question

KC3

Question

I am getting ready to submit an additional claim for an increase with a current condition and I see various doctors at  veterans clinic. 

Will the C&P examiner,  VA regional office/VA rater and etc. have access to these or do I need to copy and submit in claim? 

21 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

. Or, just send a 21-4138

I have been having lay letters filled out via the 21-10210 form. 

Should I continue using the 21-4138 form? 

• Community Owner
On 2/3/2022 at 3:03 PM, KC3 said:

Thank you; I have 350 pages in VA records to this point but there are a lot of pages with medications and lab results. 

When I do this will a flash drive be accepted? 

I would like to point out that you don't need to submit all the 350 pages in your VA medical records. The raters will not read them. (They simply do not have time) It is better to submit only the ones that prove your point and as brokensoldier244th stated highlight what you want them to read. You will have a better chance at getting it read.

On 2/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, KC3 said:

Thank you! 

Also, everyone, I didn't mean for this question to cause any aggravation. 

No worries, KC. Many of us have been here for awhile, some of us are grumpier than others. We come from different eras, and different periods of time where VA has messed up in different ways- our POV's reflect that.

On 2/3/2022 at 2:46 PM, brokensoldier244th said:

We request them from VAMC but if you want to download them as a pdf and highlight the high points in Adobe Acrobat and resubmit it’s faster and easier for us (the searchers through your records)

I have a question about employment records. I am doing a TDIU request, and I'm unsure of what records VBA will see when they request my employment records from the VAMC where I worked.

Specifically, all the documents which show the doctors notes for sick leave, unpaid leave extensions due to service-connect disabilities, the medical transfer papers, and the FMLAs.

It's the doctor's notes on the FMLAs that are the most supportive of my TDIU claim, imho. I would like to upload those in a compact PDF.

Do you guys get to see those in the standard records request? Or do you guys just see total leave days etc?