VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filling out the VA-21-526EZ form

Rate this question

scottishere99

Question

I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT THE 526EZ FORM.  IT ASKS ABOUT RETIRMENT PAY AND THE WORDING IS CONFUSSING.  DO I NEED TO FILL OUT THIS PART IF IM ALREADY RECEIVING RETIRED PAY AND DISABILITY PAY.  THE WAY ITS SAYS SEEMS LIKE I WILL LOOSE ONE OR THE OTHER BUT NOT SURE IF THATS WHAT IT MEANS

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

hi no i dont receive SS i get my retirement pay for 20yrs and VA disability pay both separate deposits.   im trying to figure out when filling out the 526ez.   Question 16 section IV Claim information, do i have to list everyone of my SC disability's or just my Narcolepsy which im looking to increase?  also section VI questions 24 thru 28 talks about retirement pay, Separation Pay, and Disability Severance Pay) im confused as to what i do.   

You only list whatever you are wanting to increase or claim. 

If you received both now and there is no offset then it sounds like you are subject to concurrent receipt and nothing will change. Just put in that you are retired, what Branch, and the amount, and drive on. That section is more for those that that do not get concurrent receipt or are claiming disability for the first time. 

You with lose anything- the accounting part of your claim was already done when you claimed the first time. Honestly, a lot of veterans leave it blank. If it applied to you they would correct it during promulgation or contact you but you already get both. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th