VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vaccinations and heart issues

Rate this question

pbrsg450

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

There were recent news reports of the covid vaccines causing myocarditis in some younger service members. Previously, I recall reports of anthrax and smallpox vaccines causing heart issues.

Well hot damn.  I got a prolapsing heart valve.  From what I've been told, it's a fairly common issue.  I can't see how one would link it back to vaccinations.  Pretty sure mine is hereditary and I drink like a fish.  So it could be that.  I do run 3.5 miles per week.  Not fast, but I just did a best of 8:45 per mile this week.  A little of my best in the military of 6:25 per mile.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@El TrainSame here. Just feels like someone is poking a tiny needle into my left ribcage from time to time. The docs would see it on EKGs and during heart echo tests.

A lot of the vaccine related heart issues are myocarditis which is inflammation around the heart, which often gets better for some with treatment. Of course, one would still need a doc to tie it all together.

I really miss running but it just hurts my back too much. I did a 5:59 once and only once -- feels like ancient history now.