VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA.gov says closed claim A&A, quickest way to find out? Or to speculate…?

Rate this question

msh789

Question

91-year-old father has been in a nursing home since having toe amputation last month. We called to let the VA 8008271000 number know that he could not make his C&P exam, he was in such bad shape. They said they would work on getting an examiner to go to him at the nursing facility—-That never happened. On VA.gov website today, it says the  claim is closed, and it 15 days I think to receive the letter..? Dad has already been driving me crazy trying to find out if he was approved or denied… When we call the 800 number, they say they cannot discuss it until we actually receive the letter. My guess is he was denied, it probably looks like he missed his exam. Even though they most certainly had it on file that they need to send the examiner to him for his exam. We had called a few days after we initially spoke to the VA phone number, and they certainly had it on file, that an examiner was to go to him, because he was in such bad shape. Also, I seem to recall reading something about if the vet was approved, money would be deposited in the bank long before the approval letter was received. There is no money deposited into his account. So I’m thinking he was denied…?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

No don't think he was denied, you need to ask the C&P office if he is rescheduled for the c&p?     & the exmainer can go to him and do the C&P.

In my opinion  your dad has a good chance of getting approved   if he submiited or his VSO submited the correct evidence to prove his claim,   he will be apporved  but do call the C&P OFFICE TO FIND OUT IF HIS C&P HAS BEEN RESCHDULED they maybe months behind most likly the    reason you have not heard anything from  them.

Yes your correct  the $$ goes to the Bank before we Veterans know it  unless the Veteran checks his Bank account everyday   its usally deposited in the Bank 3 /4/5 weeks some times longer before the veterans finds out about it.

As for as I know its always been like this After direct Deposits started , as  opposed before we just recived a US Gov CHECK IN THE MAIL.

Thank you Buck52… But being it says the claim is closed, I would think that they are not rescheduling a C&P exam…? It sounds like a determination was already made, approved or denied… I would think…? 
Edit: On va.gov, it also says they sent a decision letter.

Edited by msh789

To me It might be granted.

If they try the he miss the exam stuff

appeal and apply for advance on the docket.

Get copy of the hospital reports. Copy and send with the advance on docket.

An add copy's to the appeal papers.

The advance is send to a different team that work on them they will advance  due to his health and age.

I am in the same boat the waiting on the letter drive me crazy.

Why can't they just put what was granted. On VA.gov

It some time say on VA.gov what was granted under the issue tab.

Good luck

Dont rely upon an unreliable/inaccurate, not up to date ebenefits/va.gov.  Exception:  Go to the Letters section in ebenefits.  See "what the letter says".  The VA does not like Veterans running around with a letter confirming, for example, they are 100 percent P and T, if this is not, in fact true. (for good reasons). 

If the letters section is inconclusive you can:

Get a VSO (who has VBMS access) to look it up in VBMS.  VBMS is accurate, and up to date, at least, much more so than ebenefits/va.gov.  

If you go to the DAV, you may be able to get the VSO TO GO TO YOUR DADS NURSING HOME, AND HE WILL HAVE TO SIGN A POA GIVING THE VSO THE AUTHORITY TO HELP HIM.  

ASK the VSO if he has VBMS access, not all do.  Only those who have jumped through VA's hoops to gain access have it.  Some do not.  Insist:  no VBMS acces, no POA.  

Other than "waiting for the envelope", those are your choices:  REad the letters section, or get a representative with VBMS access.  Law firms often have VBMS access.  So do (some) non attorney accredited representatives.  

Edited by broncovet

Thanks broncovet… I can’t seem to find a spot on Ebenefits that has ‘what the letter says’… I found a spot for download letters, but that is for his hearing loss… I left a message for the VSO… Unfortunately his DAV claims rep won’t be in until Monday morning… Hopefully the VSO gets back to me today…🙏🏻🙏🏻

Yea, you have to download the letter, then read it or print it.  If the letters dont include something, that either means that ebenefits/va.gov has not been updated yet, its wrong or inaccurate, or you have been denied.