VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

LHI examiners

Rate this question

Whodat

Question

Who out there had bad experiences with LHI C&P examiners?

I would like to share my experience with LHI.

2019, I had filed a claim. A c&p exam was scheduled with LHI. Shortly afterwards, I received a Fedex packet will info to include the examiner info. I pulled up the examiner's info, 3 years of Nurse Practitioner, as well as 3 years with VA system.

I had already been diagnosed with migraines, and had an event or injury that would connect it. The diagnosis was from my Neurologist. 

During my exam with this NP, he kept saying that he doesn't think that my headaches aren't migraines, he thinks that I have cluster headaches.

I am unsure of how the report was written up but I do know that it wasn't good. Denied. 

So of course I had did a HLR. I had gotten  letter from VA duty to assist error and they are returning my claim to the RO for corrections. 

I get another letter from LHI for another c&p exam for migraines. Who do I see? The same examiner. Now things get ugly. He has remembered me and what comes out of his mouth, why are you here again. 

Started the exam, nowhere did he used the dbq, just basically telling me that I do not have migraines, that is clusters. Then he proceeded to tell me that ptsd does not cause headaches.  I feel another bad c&p exam.

Looks like the Department of Veterans affairs has done it again. They claimed to be backlogged,but what do they do? Hire sub contractors with little or no experience conducting bad exams knowing that the Vet is going to appeal. Job security for the contractors just like Brown &Root back in the days. 

The bad thing is that this NP is also a Vet. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I was on worker's compensation for a couple of years before I got TDIU.  I went to a few WC exams.  Some of the doctors were hostile and really tried to "F" me over.  If you get hurt and have chronic pain if they can't see a broken bone then it is all in your head and you are faking it was their motto.  I was always fighting with these guys to try and get decent treatment.  VA is not much better when it comes to making a money claim.  The exam doctors have the same sorry attitude.

• HadIt.com Elder

Whodat

You know these C&P doctors and WC doctors have this prejudice they learn from fellow whore doctors.  "All vets and injured workers are fakers".  We are all out to get something we don't deserve.  The doctors all make hundreds of thousands of bucks a year  On weekends they go out on their 40 foot boat and spend the day fishing and getting drunk, and yet they would deprive a disabled worker or vet of enough money to survive.  They feel holy about screwing some injured guy to the wall. 

• HadIt.com Elder

There are vets here who lost everything they had worked for while waiting for the VA to grant compensation.  They do not get compensated for that.  If you can't pay your mortgage or car payment you lose it .  No making the vet whole.  You just get some retro if you are lucky and hope it will sustain you for the rest of your life.  I was lucky since I only waited a year for TDIU. At that time I had filed my first claim 30 years prior. I must have filed a dozen requests for increases over the years. I remember going to C&P exams where the so-called doctor just asked me one question:  "Are you working?" Increase denied!!!

On 2/22/2022 at 5:34 PM, Whodat said:

Looks like the Department of Veterans affairs has done it again. They claimed to be backlogged,but what do they do? Hire sub contractors with little or no experience conducting bad exams knowing that the Vet is going to appeal.

I'm convinced that successful practitioners are too busy in their successful practices to do C&P exams. That leaves the unsuccessful to do C&P exams. Is it any wonder...

Anyway, you might have been better off just claiming headaches rather than specifically stating migraines?