VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim increase

Rate this question

Remisdad

Question

I filed for an increase on my left thumb 20%, left index finger 10%, left middle finger 20%, left ring finger 10%, left little finger 0%, & a new claim for trigger finger of left middle finger.  Everything printed plainly and clearly legible. I checked va.gov to see if it had made it to initial review & this screenshot is what they had down. It doesn't make sense to me. Do they just not know how to type or do they just not give a damn?  I plan on keeping an eye on it for a few days to see if it changes. And if it doesn't I guess I'll figure out who I need to call. 900647910_Screenshot_20220303-084935_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.408b32aadc95af3be01cfa487fc719ba.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder
4 hours ago, deedub75 said:

I've never had issues with eBenefits. It's always been accurate for me. 

Which VARO are you with?  I think that makes all the difference in the world.  I am with Denver.  But when my file was at the Central Office for the DRO's brief of my extra-schedular TDIU claim from 1987 remanded by the BVA everything became current.  It went back again to the way it was once Denver VARO got the file back.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
13 hours ago, Remisdad said:

They got all the typos fixed & everything is correct.

That's good news. If you win the increase, double-check the decision to ensure they got everything correct. The effective date of increases can go back up to 12 months based on the date you qualified for the increase per your treatment records. 

• HadIt.com Elder
10 minutes ago, Remisdad said:

The VA just called & scheduled a c&p exam for next week. That is the quickest I've ever got one scheduled. 

What VA Regional Office is handling your appeal?  Wondering if it will ever get better for the rest of us.  I still have not gotten the 2017 BVA remanded examinations for failure to provide complete examinations.  Quoting from the BVA decision:  "Once VA provides a VA examination, it is required to provide an adequate one, regardless of whether it was legally obligated to provide an examination in the first place. Barr v. Nicholson, 21 Vet. App. 303 (2007). Because of these deficiencies, and to ensure that the Veteran's lay statements concerning his military service and the circumstances of the September 1990 motor vehicle accident are adequately considered, the Board finds that a new VA examination is necessary."

Examinations were ordered during the height of Covid to an area with greater Covid than I am in more than 150 miles away.  When the Doctor told me that he had to stick to the examination order provided by the DRO, I called 800 827 1000 and complained noting that given the circumstances the examination would have to be done over and it was not worth the risk of Covid exposure in a doctor's office to keep the appointment.  Now I am back at the BVA on April 1 for a hearing and decision that will likely repeat previous BVA remands.

Poplar bluff missouri. That's where I had my first c&p exam & it's the same nurse practioner doing it. So I'm hoping for a good exam. All my other c&p exams have been contracted out but i had a good examiner for those too.