VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

VA List of Suspected IMO Fraud

Tbird

Question

• Community Admin

Original post removed due to lack of verification of information. We cannot verify any of the accusations of the Doctors listed. This creates a legal dilemma so it has been removed and will be removed if it appears again.

• Like 3

• Community Admin

Drop this talk about other members. Sorry you feel the site is going downhill. We still have guidelines. The radio show is not part of Hadit.com. It is independent and run by jbasser and Jerrel. I give them publicity here. 

our guidelines

Please take a minute to read through this it will explain how to make posts that will get you answers.

Note: Your firsts posts on the board may be delayed before they show up, as they are reviewed, this process does not take long and the review requirement will be removed usually by the 6th post, though we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview. This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before they hit the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims and this helps us do that.

I know you are anxious to jump into the forum, but these tips will help you get to it a lot faster.

Our Home Page has articles that may answer your question. Use the search box at the top of the page to find answers faster.

Do not give advice contrary to the law. Such as lying to VA or SSA or working under the table for cash in order to hide your employment status from government agencies. Such postings will be deleted, further posting will result in a ban from the forum.

1. Post a clear title like 'Need help preparing PTSD claim' or "VA med center won't schedule my surgery" instead of 'I have a question'.

Knowledgable people who don't have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn't clear in the title.

I don't read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

2. Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story.

Again - You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

3. Post clear questions and then give background info on them.

Example is:

A. I was previously denied for apnea - Should I refile a claim?

I was diagnosed with apnea in service and recived a CPAP machine but claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?

I was involved in traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

Do Not Argue With The Moderators. If a moderator tells you to stop doing something then stop, if you are unable to stop yourself, your account will be deleted. Moderators are in place to keep the forum running smoothly, what they say goes.

Hadit is an independently owned web-site. We are not affiliated with any other web-sites. Hadit does not control or have any input into the goals or purpose of what other sites/programs might pursue. Hadit does not endorse nor is it responsible for the goals and statements of any other web-sites or programs.

HadIt.com is an L.L.C. and NOT a non-profit. It is privately owned and funded.

Hadit is not a political tool or group, and is not responsible for Political expression or ideas, of members, that may temporarily be posted.

From time to time there will be links to supporting information, but in no way is Hadit.com responsible for that information and the contents of any other web-site. It is up to each visitor to check the accuracy and timeliness of any information used.

This is a moderated forum with rules please adhere to them or it will necessitate the deletion of your account. Anything a Moderator find to be erroneous is subject to review and deletion.

Everyone won't agree on many things, but the one thing we should agree on is that we are here so that no brother or sister veteran gets left behind, not on a jungle trail, not on a desert trail and not on a paper trail." Tbird

The biggest component of HadIt.com to help veterans is our very active discussion forum. Over 7500 (as of March 2011) registered users, with an average of about 200 posts per day. New Registrations average about 200 members per month.

Please note that the discussion forum is made up of veterans just like you, they come to HadIt.com and its discussion forum from all over the world. Some come to ask questions, some come to help do research for other vets, some to answer questions, others come for the sense of community that HadIt.com provides and still others come just to provide an ear and shoulder to those veterans who have become weary.

There are some folks who for whatever reason sign on to discussion forums to cause disruption. However, we still have this problem the best advice is ignore them; they want a fight, a response, don't give it to them. We have an ignore user feature, you can look up any member by name and click to ignore them.

New members posts are moderated and not visible to all members until the staff can review a few posts to make sure it is not a spammer, troll or some other divisive individual.

HadIt.com's discussion forum is "User Friendly" as long as posters do not cause division. We are not into censorship. We simply need to set forth some guidelines. These are aimed at maintaining harmony on the Web Forum.. When one person disrupts many then we feel it's time to take action.

Remember that most that come to our discussion forum have been wounded in one way or another. Be kind to each other, if angered take a day to respond. Personal attacks are not what we are about; we are about helping our brother and sister veterans.

We reserve the right to remove any posts or member at any time.

This is a NOT a secure website Do Not post private information such as name, addresses, phone numbers or social security numbers, etc.

If you want provide the information below:

Any other claims that have been awarded, can affect the handling of this claim, so if you can, provide as much information as possible about your current VA status. If you know the Disability Codes (DCs), then give those also. You can find them in 38CFR Chap 1, Part 4. if the VA did not/will not provide them.

This is NOT a secure web site, so if you do not wish to provide this information, we understand, and will help as much as possible in general terms. You can get most of the information for yourself, by researching the many links on this site.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, racist, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise is a violation of any law.

No advertisements are allowed on the board by any board member, the only ads allowed are ones that HadIt.com has approved.

Soliciting for donations, no matter the cause are not allowed on HadIt.com.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board. Advertising on this site does not constitute endorsement of any advertisement by HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC, unless stated otherwise.

Not Legal Advice. Content is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is formed, nor is anything submitted to this Web Site treated as confidential. The accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the Content is not warranted or guaranteed. Your use of Content on this Web Site or materials linked from this Web Site is at your own risk.

We reserve the right to remove any posts or member at any time.

Do not give advice contrary to the law. Such as lying to VA or SSA or working under the table for cash in order to hide your employment status from government agencies. Such postings will be deleted, further posting will result in a ban from the forum.

• No Flaming (Negative comments about other members, other boards, or other sites.)
  • No vulgar language
  • No offensive verbal assaults
  • No sexual connotations
  • No personal attacks
  • No political discussions we are not a political forum our focus is VA disability claims. Political discussions lead to flame wars, it takes up valuable space and is not what this board was set up for. There are many other boards to discuss politics, this is not one of them.
  • No religious testimonials or discussions of one faith against another. There are other sites for this.

@john999 my sincere apologies for what it looks like on this thread but you and none of ya'll except admins and mods have seen the threats sent to my hadit.com inbox by her for NO justifiable reason over an opinion I gave she didn't like yesterday. I asked her to stop there and privately repeatedly, called on the admins ot help and instead she continued and started airing it out here and on another thread. She's has messed with the wrong woman this time though because I WILL indeed handle this legally as i have every right too. I have been a member of these boards since 2015 and haven't bothered a soul. Bullying should not be tolerated and I won't personally allow it or put up with her behaviors unchecked. 

No crazy pills here in any way shape or form. This lady will soon find out I don't play silly internet games and mean EVERY word I uttered. She clearly decided to continue trash talking about me publicly and being a passive aggressive keyboard warrior bully even after I sent her a cease and desist letter outlining her harassing behaviors and cyberbullying and the next steps I would take. Now, she has indicated plans to report me to OGC for absolutely nothing. She has proof of nothing. No credible evidence exists because I haven't done anything whatsoever or that could even remotely pose a problem to my accreditation.

I was not involved with the root of this at all which is VA's suspect doctor list but she keeps making baseless ASSumptions because I expressed support for Alex for exposing the VA's wrong and unlawful internal practice here. I tried to explain to her privately that her energy is misdirected after she made her way to my inbox with threats but she became even more unhinged. If it had been the other way around, I would have likely been booted from this forum already but I'm glad an admin finally got on her about her behavior and threats.

Again, she has tried the wrong woman this time as she'll soon find out. The attempts to intimidate me are ridiculous, baseless and pretty asinine. I've actually been vetted by the VA OGC already both by my background/character/fitness and competency wise in veterans law. She can't say the same but to turn around and try to threaten my accreditation over absolutely nothing of any real substance after I even tried to help her despite her rudeness crosses every single line there is with me. Its unacceptable personally and professionally so my attorneys will my certainly handle this. She even tried to misrepresent herself as some type of attorney in my inbox trying so hard to protect Dr. Bash and his antics. I have a right to my opinion and if she can't respectfully disagree and move on then she deserves everything she has coming.

berta threat2.jpg

Edited by SemperFiGeek (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Community Admin

@Berta - I got emails about that link being posted so I removed for the reason  "We cannot verify the information, this information may currently be or soon to be involved in legal action."

Now you want to post it again after I specifically asked you not to post it. I asked for to not be posted because HadIt.com cannot verify the information. 

I don't know what you mean about taking my issues with you to Dr Bash. I responded to an email of his and also asked him to not post this on HadIt.com this is the same thing I asked everyone on here.

If you want to continue to post information about this put a link to your Facebook page on this thread and then post it all on Facebook. 

There were "2" links, not just one.  The link to the VA website was one, the other link was to the Maryland Medical Board.  

"Its my opinion" (unsubstantiated) that the problem was not the VA website...its well known that VA raters dont like Dr. Bash..because his thorough exams result in extra benefits, and cost VA money.  

The Problem was with the "second link"..the one to the Maryland Medical Board.  When I went to the Maryland Board, I found this link (independently from the one cited in the post).  Based on the link below, and the discrepency from the posted link, "my opinion" was that the link in the post was probably "hacked" and not correct, while the one below is correct.  The Maryland Medical Board site "even says" their site is down due to a "technical problem", which is probably hackers.  Its my opinion that hadit members who posted this link probably did not know about this following link, which I made independently.  Further, its my opinion hacking had nothing to do with past or present hadit members.  But, its possible the "hacked" version was posted.  

The Maryland board I search for said this:

Maryland Board of Physicians

×Close  MDH is experiencing a systems technology incident. At this time our computers are down. We appreciate your patience in our delayed responses. We are continuing to answer emails and voicemail as much as possible. At this time, we do not have an estimate as to when we will be fully operational. You may contact us by email at mbpmail@rcn.com. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Edited by broncovet (see edit history)
  • Community Admin

In the original post there was one link to ask nods article. Regardless, legal action is being talked about. We do not have the resources to ferret out the actual truth of the matter. We do not need to be drug into this.

• Like 2

This account was originally shared with my husband who is/was a 100% PT disabled USMC veteran, silly. The profile now says nothing about me being a veteran but that I'm an accredited claims agent, obviously. Now you are truly reaching. You continue to defame me, beyond the inbox now, despite having been served with a cease and desist letter on tonight, March 6, 2022 that I can verify that you have received and read.

You will pay.

Lastly, I  don't need ANY teaching from you. I'm very, very good at what I do and I'm actually accredited. You can't say the same.

@Tbird you continue to allow this. I've addressed this privately and here she is at it again publicly. This is precisely why this forum is dying a slow death. Sad.

berta threat2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Vetquest- a little bird told me he is doing a radio show Thursday night.

So he is banned from part of hadit- not banned from the Radio show-

well it was a large bird----ha ha   

Camella -cease and desist letters are prepared by lawyers and they  usually are sent by priority mail or hand delivered by  someone , a courior, working for the firm. I know that because I worked for lawyers for 7 years. 

You are right, this site is going down hill-we lost some good people when Alex pulled some crap here the first time he got banned.

But this is a litigation issue and I have nothing more to say about that- not here, that is.😃

Anyone can send a cease and desist letter Mrs. self proclaimed "Pro-Se Attorney". You of all folks should know that. You will most defintely be receiving the cease and deist letter in the mail too and hearing from my attorney on these matters soon enough. You WILL pay. I play no games. I highly suggest you cease your cyberbullying me though like the coming legal action is a joke. How petty and nasty of a person you have shown you are when you dont get your way, eh? Your true colors are on display.

This simply boils down to the FACT that you are no better than anyone else on this forum just because you spend your life here , have posted for years and have the elder title but aren't accredited by the VA and don't actually handle claims. You have certainly lost ALL my respect. I'm just glad I have never associated myself with you. You're rude and a bully.

It is my opinion that Dr. Craig Bash is outright shady, lazy and unethical. I can both personally and professionally attest to this and have a mountain of evidence which backs up my statements. You would rather try and attack Alex and I though than see the truth. You would think that it would click that theres a reason he made the VA's blacklist. Whether they should have that list or not is a different story for a different day but he is by no means an angel. $10K or even $5K for ANY veterans nexus letter(s) is downright outrageous and predatory. You are no defender of veterans if you continue to defend these sleezy, shady antics. Real bad judgement call on your part. 

Point. Blank. Period. 

• Thanks 1

I will report you to the OGC- you are so stupid that you are incriminating yourself.

bwhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I highly encourage you to report me to OGC or the Secretary or whoever else at the VA or in the entire damn world you want to. I've been nice and tried to be diplomatic but no more. Go ahead, Do it now. Don't wait. Copy me on it if you're so bold. My email address is carmella.george@va.gov. Copy all these conversations. silly. Tell the entire story. You have no real basis or no credible reports to OGC or anyone else dumbass. You're making baseless ASSumptions which I tried to help you and explain privately to no avail. There's absolutely nothing for OGC or anyone else to find on me and no reason for them to believe you or even protect you. You're a damn joke. Your harassment of me continues, pure and simple and you will pay for it in the long run.

Internet Keyboard warrior.🤑

• Thanks 1

I have been offline for COVID, not sick, just that lockdowns do not work well for someone with depressive disorder on top of medical conditions.  I logged on last night when I got an email from Hadit.  I have been looking at this forum and it looks like everyone needs to take a step back.  I do not believe someone posting a link would open Hadit to legal action, of course, it would not be the first time I was wrong.  That said I think some of these posts are very counterproductive.  As for SemperFiGeek, you did not earn the handle so let it go.

Edited by vetquest (see edit history)

IF ANYONE HAS A COMPLAINT  THEN FILE ONE AGAINST WHO EVER YOU WANT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT,    THEN DO IT RIGHT AND NOT PUT THIS OUT ON HADIT THIS IS NOT WHAT HADIT IS ALL ABOUT

FILE YOUR COMPLAINT ON YOUR OWN FREE WILL BUT YOU DO NOT DO THAT HERE ON HADIT.

If your complaint is about someone assisting with VA pension benefits, you should file your complaint through the Federal Trade Commission's complaint assistant link on the OGC accreditation and discipline webpage at http://www.va.gov/ogc/accreditation.asp.

VA OGC will be immediately notified of every complaint filed through this link.  However, in addition to possible action by VA, by submitting your complaint through the Federal Trade Commission, it will also be accessible to other Federal and State law enforcement authorities for their possible investigation and prosecution.   ➢ If your complaint involves representation or claims assistance provided on a VA compensation claim (or another non-pension benefit) and you believe that other State and Federal laws and regulations apart from those involving VA accreditation may have been violated, you may also submit your complaint through the Federal Trade Commission's complaint assistant link on the OGC accreditation and discipline webpage at http://www.va.gov/ogc/accreditation.asp. ➢ If your complaint is against a VA-accredited attorney, claims agent, or VSO representative (please confirm VA-accreditation status on the accreditation search page at https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp) and you believe that your complaint only involves a violation of the standards of conduct for VA-accredited individuals or if you do not wish for other law enforcement entities to immediately be notified of your complaint, then you may file your complaint directly with the VA accreditation and discipline program by submitting your written complaint, and a completed VA Form 3288 (this form will allow us to disclose your name and the information contained in the complaint to the VA-accredited practitioner) to:

Source : Accreditation & Disclpline Program  office of Generl Counsel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vetquest

Wlecome back to Hadit  you have certainly been missed.

Glad your ok and back on Hadit

Blessing

Buck

• Like 2
  • Community Admin
3 hours ago, Berta said:

I obviously thought Semper Fi was a Marine-for years-how deceived I have been.

however I found out who 'she' really is-

that is not a typo-

My posts and advice here are not ever to be used verbatim by anyone else.

I am not here to help agents of the VA or to teach them VA 101.

I am here to help disabled veterans and their survivors.

Please quit talking about other members. It’s non productive and against the guidelines. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines