VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I found this quiet Interesting supreme court decison

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

click the link to read about this.

https://usmilitary.org/supreme-court-decision-may-affect-veterans-across-the-us-wave-disability-deadline-for-thousands/

From the Article

The United States Supreme Court has decided to take up a case that could have major ramifications for thousands of veterans.

The case involves a Navy veteran who believes his disability compensation from the VA should have begun from the date he left the military, not when he filed the paperwork.

The Supreme Court’s decision could result in a large number of veterans receiving back pay on their disability compensation, many of whom waited years to file their claims. Read Full Article Here

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Look at the claims I have listed below, I actually appealed some of my EED because most of my conditions such as TBI, Sleep Apnea, Sinistis and a few others were not filed until years later, In fact in my days they did not have a name for sleep apnea, and TBI were concussions. I was shot down at the BVA and decided I had a long haul to get my EED's and let the issue die. I did the same thing with the original Housebound award, tried to argue that bradley v peak should have been applied retro activity - loss that one too.  Two claims should have been awarded in 1986 - TBI and COPD as these were in my active medical records, but what did I know back then.....

Hope this guy wins, and hope it is retoractive .

Edited by Richard1954

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Richard1954...and I hope that if he wins, they make it retroactively apply to -all- veterans, not just him and then all going forward...

• HadIt.com Elder

My pending BVA Appeal has a lot of the same issues raised Constitutionally.  You can read my last post with the BVA Brief and motions by clicking on the "L" to the left.  Hope he wins because it will make a win for me at the BVA. I will bring it up at the hearing.