VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA direct review w/ law judge + priority processing/hardship

Rate this question

FlyboyLeRoy

Question

I have filed a direct review w/ law judge from an appeal of 1/22. For what should have been an easy claim/increase it is now being dragged out. As of last week my vso filed a priority processing form/hardship. If the normal timeline for these is 365days,  my question is, what is the average time completed or peoples experience with priority processing at bva level? Thanks

Edited by FlyboyLeRoy

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
On 3/7/2022 at 10:40 PM, FlyboyLeRoy said:

I have filed a direct review w/ law judge from an appeal of 1/22. For what should have been an easy claim/increase it is now being dragged out. As of last week my vso filed a priority processing form/hardship. If the normal timeline for these is 365days,  my question is, what is the average time completed or peoples experience with priority processing at bva level? Thanks

I have been waiting since September 2020. 

On 3/7/2022 at 9:40 PM, FlyboyLeRoy said:

I have filed a direct review w/ law judge from an appeal of 1/22. For what should have been an easy claim/increase it is now being dragged out. As of last week, my vso filed a priority processing form/hardship. If the normal timeline for these is 365days, my question is, what is the average time completed or peoples experience with priority processing at bva level? Thanks

Not trying to be insensitive about your situation or your post but I do not understand it. It sounds like, you feel that the BVA is dragging out your direct appeal that you filed on January 2022. As you stated these appeals take close to or a little longer than 365 days and in your case, it has not been 60-90 days and you feel the board is dragging their feet.  As Jbasser posted, there are many and I do mean many veterans that are in your same situation, and they are still waiting, and they have filed a hardship claim or a motion to advancement on the docket and they have not received their BVA decision. In this day and age with COVID and the new disabilities added to the Agent Orange regulation, even a motion to advancement on the docket would only advance your appeal to the bottom of the front of the list of other veterans that have their advancement on the docket due to their hardship, medical or financial. As stated, I am not trying to be insensitive, just trying to paint a clearer picture of what is going on. Advancement on the docket may still take some time, even direct review decisions.

Unfortunately, there is no real priority processing time because there are too many veterans that are in the same boat.

Edited by pacmanx1