VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

News: Dozens of VA medical centers slated for closure, total rebuilds under new infrastructure plan

Rate this topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

This could be a good thing. Our VA in Lincoln did this. The CBOC was on a beautiful campus but most of the buildings were like 80+ yrs old. Gorgeous gothic stone architecture for some of the main buildings, but the insides had been reno-d over the decades. They built a new CBOC up the street that includes veteran transitional housing, and its been modernized (proper power, water, HVAC,etc). Its not a bad place now that its been updated and everyone has more space. 

I have mixed feelings about this.  On one hand, I certainly agree with broken soldier, many need updated.  

However, I remember the fiasco in Denver VAMC.  It was way, way over budget, and not completed timely.  

https://extras.denverpost.com/aurora-va-hospital/index.html

Maybe VA learned their lesson, I hope so.  However, I remain skeptical.  There is little doubt in my mind that contracts with the VA are based mostly on nepotism.  (Family and friends of VA high ups and politically well connected  get lucrative contracts at Veterans and taxpayers expense).  

On 3/15/2022 at 11:30 AM, Vync said:

Well, how about that...

The Hampton VAMC is a beautiful site with waterfront, a truly peaceful and timeless place, and historic buildings that give you a sense of Navy history. From the park area of the waterfront walk it overlooks the Norfolk Navy base. I am truly saddened to see this go.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use