VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question on Medical Reimbursement Claim

Rate this question

McRay

Question

Background:  In 2016 I had to go to Emergency care in Florida. The attending physician said I was stabilized, but required me to be transported to nearest hospital rather than VA hospital 100 miles away. While in said hospital, I ran up 37g worth of bills. VA regional office refused to pay and I appealed it to the BVA where claim was granted in 02/2022

Question: I haven't received any reimbursement or correspondence from AOJ which is Bay Pines, FL. Has anyone here ever had this kind of claim? Peggy can't give me any info and I'm wondering if my atty can find any info in VBMS? Always in the past money hits my account before I get the decision letter when my appeal is granted.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

McRay Haven't had the same issue as you personally, but this is March 19; not that far removed from February. My guess it is going thru a lot of hurdles/signatures. I also assume you don't have another claim also in at the same time which could be a possible hold up. The lawyer may be able to see something  using VBMS; certainly ask him. Keep an eye on your on-line back statement too. The bank certainly can get a deposit made to your account before you get any written notification.

Yeah, I have another claim in and am waiting. This medical reimbursement claim is not common, but I think they will become more so down the road..

• HadIt.com Elder

Not knowing your specifics, it is possible that your new claim is impacting finalization of your financial claim. Check that out as well as a possibility.

On 3/19/2022 at 2:47 PM, GBArmy said:

Not knowing your specifics, it is possible that your new claim is impacting finalization of your financial claim. Check that out as well as a possibility.

I don't know if it's having an impact or not. I've read (perhaps on this forum) of vets who file a claim, then later file another claim and the claims get combined and the effective date for the original claim is ignored and the date of the new claim is used instead. My other claim is for EED and Increased rating with a docket date of Sept 20, 2019. According to VA.gov there are some 58,000 claims ahead of me.

When I've checked, I'm told my Med Reimbursement claim is being worked on. My gut instinct is that the AOJ will bend over backwards to delay, deny or any other kind of fu*kery to keep from paying. Especially in Bay Pines, FL.

46 minutes ago, McRay said:

I don't know if it's having an impact or not. I've read (perhaps on this forum) of vets who file a claim, then later file another claim and the claims get combined and the effective date for the original claim is ignored and the date of the new claim is used instead. My other claim is for EED and Increased rating with a docket date of Sept 20, 2019. According to VA.gov there are some 58,000 claims ahead of me.

When I've checked, I'm told my Med Reimbursement claim is being worked on. My gut instinct is that the AOJ will bend over backwards to delay, deny or any other kind of fu*kery to keep from paying. Especially in Bay Pines, FL.

There may still be some confusion at least in my head. It is possible that the BVA is working on your claim for an EED. As far as I know the only claims that get docket numbers are appeals, so it is possible that the BVA is working on your EED appeal. In my case, I have had a remand that's been going on for quite some time and I recently filed a new claim for an EED in which the RO denied my request and I had to file an appeal. When I check va.gov it shows that the BVA is working on my remand and my appeal for my EED is still waiting to go before a judge but when I call the Call Center, they tell me both of my appeals are being worked. So, as stated there may still be some confusion on your appeals/claims.