VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

LHI tomorrow

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Well I have my C&P tomorrow at LHI about my Meniere's claim. Should be an adventure. Going to a place that doesn't specialize in anything close to what I'm being examined for. All the new rating and nightmares I hear from everyone. I have to drive 1 hour and 20 minutes to a company that has another office 20 mins from me. I almost just quit the claim and left well enough alone but I think thats what they want. I hope I get a person that listens and reads all my doctors notes. I'll check ebenefits later today to see if I get denied before i even have my examine like last time lol. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Don't forget to file a beneficiary travel claim for your mileage, especially given the current fuel prices

Good luck with the exam.

But I tell this really burn me up.

So now disabled veteran are to be able to travel an HR and half away.

And now veterans are acting like this is normal.

I understand ppl think there is nothing we can do but I feel s sign petition or something needs to be done about this.

This is new comp exam thing is going to create a big back log.

Can u picture who long it is going to take soon to get a copy of the exam.

There will be a back log on get them soon.

Why are veterans seeing work comp and SSI doctor for VA benefits.

An no one see the wrong in this.

Good luck again.

Good luck with the exam.

I understand ppl think there is nothing we can do but I feel s sign petition or something needs to be done about this.

Good luck again.

Good point MrCue.  I really do see your point and I am willing to sign the petition. I am even willing to start one. The problem is with me and I am sure that I am not the only one, is familiar on how to get this going from start to finish. I will research it. Good point. 

22 minutes ago, Mr cue said:

Good luck with the exam.

Good luck again.

Good luck with the exam.

Good luck again.

Id have to travel over an hour to go to a VAMC. There aren't enough VAMC personnel to do all the C&P exams- thats it. Bottom Line Up Front. 

Short of a huge budget allotment from Congress AND a stream of medical people willing to work at GS rate (or whatever scale they are on, and it isn't great) how do you propose to fix this? At least with the contractors you get a pretty good chance of getting a doctor with more experience and motivation (because they have their own practices- a lot of them moonlight as examiners and aren't full time, and they aren't relying on VA only for income). 

You can't make people work for the VA that don't want to work for the VA, medical or otherwise. It certainly doesn't help that we tend to be called lazy, incompetent, welfare sponges. Or, told to everyone that we have agendas, or quotas. I can't speak to agendas- personal bias is just that, personal. But we don't have quotas, and the money for grants doesn't come directly out of VA operations, so we have no incentive to grant or deny based on quota anyway. Whether you get a grant or a denial doesn't affect us, on an employee level, one bit. I go and check mine, though, and keep track of every claim I touch so I can look it up later.

My personal stats that are kept and reviewed twice yearly for reviews have no mention anywhere of grants or denials. They are based on accuracy, total output, whether or not I kept up with required self-directed trainings, and whether I respond to error claims within or before the prescribed time frame and resolve them. 

This 'new comp thing' was reducing backlog up until 2020- thats when it derailed. Prior to that it was working just fine, and veterans were getting exams faster than if they had had to wait for a VAMC.