VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

1 Month Elapsed Since Decision, No Decision Letter

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

I have a case number with the VA Whitehouse  Hotline.

I have a case number for a congressional Inquiry.

I have a complaint submitted to the VAOIG.

I have called the VA toll free number multiple times to no avail.

Did I cover all the bases?

• HadIt.com Elder

I have seen this. I usually have the veterans call the 800 number and tell VA that letter is not received. They will offer to re send, or email a copy. If you have a VSO who has access to VBMS, they can run interference. 

21 minutes ago, jbasser said:

I have seen this. I usually have the veterans call the 800 number and tell VA that letter is not received. They will offer to re send, or email a copy. If you have a VSO who has access to VBMS, they can run interference. 

I have been told repeatedly by VA employees that there is no decision letter.

This is occurring after I've advised VA employees of the date of decision and that VA.gov states a decision letter has been mailed to me.

By telling me this, the VA can continue to delay my ability to file an appeal, should I choose to do so.

I filed my claim 22 July 2021. I submitted a fully developed claim needing the VA to only retrieve my military medical records and review my current VA records. The claim has sat for 8 months plus in evidence gathering and decision that whole time. Per NPRC, they had been shut down 2020 -2021 and at only 25% workforce in October 2021. At Last check, they just recently returned to full workforce on 7 March 2022. With all of that backlog, the VA is going to point fingered at everyone but themselves. Remember, mine is a fully developed claim.

Edited by Steve C
Grammar and spelling

• HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, 63Charlie said:

I have been told repeatedly by VA employees that there is no decision letter.

This is occurring after I've advised VA employees of the date of decision and that VA.gov states a decision letter has been mailed to me.

By telling me this, the VA can continue to delay my ability to file an appeal, should I choose to do so.

More than once VA.gov has been wrong. Do you have a VSO?

51 minutes ago, jbasser said:

Do you have a VSO?

Been winning most appeals for a while now without help with representation.

If it isn't broken...I won't be "fixing" it.

If I need to appeal to the CAVC...I may go it alone this time.

I don't like that my attorney took the initiative to approve the Record Before Agency without forwarding me a copy for review beforehand.

Especially since I discovered some favorable evidence was not included when my attorney approved the RBA.

Now that the Rule 33 conference is available to pro se appellants after the CAVC revised the rule, I may go it alone if there is a next time.

Edited by 63Charlie

• HadIt.com Elder

63 Charlie Going to the CAVC without an attorney is not for everyone, for sure, but it sounds like you have a pretty good handle. You can get free representation i believe if you do not have an attorney when you appeal. Just a suggestion; sounds like you are unfortunately trying to climb the SMC ladder. Maybe, try to get a representative after discussing in detail what you have accomplished on your own and with the strict direction that they don't make any legal motions without your prior approval/concurrence. Most Hadit members learn from these posts and I'm sure you would agree that representing yourself at the CAVC is not something most should try.