VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating question brain injury, deeply appreciate input VA personnel

Rate this question

Otrgypsy

Question

I have a brain injury that is very similar in effect to many TBI's. It is an organic brain syndrome or more specifically chronic solvent encephalopathy. I need to tell the psychologist who is doing a DBQ and MO DBQ for me, is she supposed to give opinions on the medically diagnosed cognitive and behavioral issues that are caused by the brain damage OR is she just supposed to just diagnose and explain the effects of the accompanying depression and anxiety?

A related question that may give me the answer:

When a psychologist is answering a DBQ on a TBI, and they go through that checklist for TBI does the psychologist answer the questions about cognitive impairment, social skills and judgment etc.

I am guessing I know the answer right now or at least have a good guess. Where can I find a TBI checklist to go with a mental this are's DBQ? And what is it called?

Edited by Otrgypsy
Correction and in addition

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Shulkin wasn’t testifying about the elimination of TDIU completely, he was testifying about a CBO proposal suggesting stopping tdiu after age 62 or once collecting social security. 

Forgot to mention that like many other vets I wrote a letter to many U.S. Senators and congress persons opposing Shulkin's plan to terminate the TDIU rating and did receive some positive replies from a few who where also on the veteran affairs committees and questioned him soundly about his discriminatory proposal against TDIU vets. I watched the hearings in real time.

Success was achieved by many and nearly all.

Great day in the Morning.

P&T TDIU since 1998 and recent SMC-S

Edited by Dustoff 11

Don’t care, “dude”, I don’t post for you.  Shulkin didn’t propose removing TDIU, CBO did. VA does stupid stuff, but this wasn’t one of them. 

Let's get back on track.  I've been through a few TBI DBQ's.  They will give you a MOCA test (google it).  They will rate your on several categories, and rate you at the category in which you did the worst in.  For instance, I rated at 70% disability in one category.  Probably memory since I don't remember which category.  They will rate some symptoms separately.  I have a separate mental disability as well.  You may get depression rated separately, as well as headaches, vision problems, incontinence, etc.  You will have separate C&P's for these.

You can score perfect on all categories and totally fail another.  They will rate your on the one you failed.  That's just the way it works.  If you have any other questions, I've been through the wringer with TBI & PTSD C&P's.