VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advancement On the Docket

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Well, my appeal was advanced on the docket, can't figure out why it is taking so long for a new decision. This claim stems from several BVA decisions that directly service connected my disability to my military service. The Regional Office low balled my rating, then increased my rating due to a NOD, then screwed up my effective date, then decreased my rating. The BVA ordered the RO to restore my rating, assigned an EED and ordered the RO to determine if my initial rating should have been rated higher. Due to the fact that this appeal has been in continued pursuit, pending and assigned an EED, can't figure the hold up. All evidence proves that symptoms has been consistent and the BVA has already determined that the evidence is credible and reliable.

Expedited, been well over a month and still no decision. Keep getting the old “Your appeal is at the Board of Veterans’ Appeals being reviewed by a Veterans Law Judge.” I know I am missing something, but I just don’t know what. It's no real thing as being expedited if it takes this long and there is no telling how long before I get my new decision. You know “hurry up and wait.”

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I reached the age of 75 during my appeal of OSA Sleep Apnea secondary to PTSD and the BVA chairman automatically advanced my appeal on the docket and about 1 month later I received a favorable BVA decision.  This saved me about at least one and maybe two years.

I have been fortunate not to have convoluted claims such as yours.

Yours should arrive any day now.  Cheers

Edited by Dustoff 11