VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Citing BVA Decisions

Rate this question

JKWilliamsSr

Question

Has anyone cited BVA decisions in an appeal?  The reason I ask is I found some BVA decision that are very relevant to my appeal.   I know that BVA decision are not precedent setting and my citing is not claim that.  Only to point out that recent appeal grants speak directly to the issue I have. 

I tried searching the forum because I thought this was asked before but could not find anything.

49 minutes ago, Dustoff 11 said:

Sorry for your disappointment Richard but in my two Appeals to the BVA Dr. Anaise medical nexus opinion was extremely helpful i

Disappointed?  Frankly  I never really expected the ratings for Asthma and sleep apnea to be seperated ( even though sleep apnea is not a lung disease, its a sleep disorder) Even with the recent changes to the rating guidlines the VA still had not caught up to the outside world.  I paid $500 for the opiinions one for my left knee and one to get the sleep apnea  separted from the Asthma. My disappointment came from Dr. Anise not getting back to me after I told him his opinion did not help.  In fact, I was awarded service connection for both conditions his IMO's had no bearing so I wasted $500. that is all I was trying to say.

How do you know your approved disability ratings was not due to his nexus MO.  Have you as I have read the actual written favorable decisions granting your two ratings???

At $500 a pop for each opinion you got an even better deal than my $1500.00 for two separate successful opinions.  Maybe he charged me more as I am a former Army Warrant Officer pilot (big money there guys!!!!????).

Some doctors charge as much as $2000 or even more for a medical opinion so we both got off very efficiently I think.  Some vets expect everything in life to be free just because they are vets.  Sadly this is not realty.

If have included bva decision with .y claim an highlighted the law that should be follow.

Back then you could have a dro hearing and the dro ask me about the decisions.

It up to the person but it could help because some rater don't no the law.