VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First BVA hearing help

Rate this question

Whodat

Question

Greetings family and Happy Easter.

This is absolutely my first time ever appealing a VA decision and I do have a hearing next week and must say that I am very nervous and a cry for help is needed and hopefully that experienced family can answer that call. 

I do have a Rep, but nervous about the process. Will the BVA request for me to have an opening statement or my rep? What is important if I have to make the opening statement?

I have many more questions but I will stick with this first. 

Thanks in advance for answering the call for my cry of help.

The hearing wasn't so bad after all. The Judge was Stacey Heneks. She seem very concerned. 

My rep ( attorney) had given an outstanding opening explained why I should be SC. My attorney asked me all of the questions pertaining to the case. 

The Judge only asked me 1 question pertaining to an incident while in military. The explained the 3 pillars for direct SC.

One of the questions were why did I not see much medical treatment while in the military. 

My attorney stated that I had answered that very well. 

The hardest part now is waiting. The Judge stated that it takes 90 days for the transcript and she is allowing 60 days to submit new documents. 

Thank Hadit Family. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I'm glad your attorney was there to cover everything and look out for you. Sometimes people may get nervous being put on the spot in front of an official. I guess the opening statement request is new since my visits to the BVA back in the late 90s. It is good to know because I have two issues submitted to the BVA.

Wish you the best of luck and hope they find in your favor!