VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nexus letter

Rate this question

Tammie

Question

I am needing to find a Dr to give me a nexus letter.  I live in Troy, Mo. I got out of the service in 1988 and am sc for my knee. This injury happened when I fell out of a helicopter and twisted my knee.  I blacked out when I hit the flight line and when I regained consciousness I was in extreme pain in my knee. It was doubled up under me. At this time nothing else hurt and over  the years I have suffered from back pain. I have since found out I have disc compress and arthritis in my spine in multiple places. I have had to have two nerve blocks due to the arthritis in my spine pushing on my spinal cord.   I am needing to find a Dr to give me a nexus letter for this.  Does anyone know of a Dr in the St. Louis area?  Thank you for your help. 

• Founder

@Tammie you many not need to pay for Dr to give you Nexus letter. You could file the claim as secondary to your service connected knee injury. Others will jump in I hope and give you helpful information.

I recently had great success in being granted OSA Sleep Apnea secondary to my long term PTSD and PTSD medications with a private doctor's nexus opinion.  We did everything by phone and mail plus email with him reviewing copies of my VA and Army STRs from 1970 and 1985 to 2022.  There was no in person exam or interview.

He does charge a fee tho and is from Arizona.  Good luck. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Dusty

Do you have the name and address of this doctor.  I have mental condition, DMII and high blood.  I also have OSA and I really struggle with it.  I don't mind a reasonable fee.

On 4/20/2022 at 4:11 PM, Tammie said:

I blacked out when I hit the flight line and when I regained consciousness I was in extreme pain in my knee. 

So you got knocked the F out?  Is that in your service record?  I got knocked the F out during a training accident.  There is one excerpt in my medical records in which it is documented and prescribed one week off.  I got an IME from DR. Ellis in OKC.  Several of them actually.  I filed a TBI claim and got it approved.  You might want to look into it.  They'll put you through the wringer, but it was worth it.

Getting a spine claim approved for me didn't happen.  It was due to the same accident in which I got knocked out.  I had an IME for this as well.  The VA went with their VA NP opinion over Dr. Ellis.  Sure I could fight it and win, however I was already at 100% P&T with SMC-S.  Moot point. I do get Chiro and massage for my messed up spine.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use