VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Time to tell my whole story

Rate this question

CaravanDan

Question

I want to start off by saying. Thank you to people in this group that tried to help me. Now on to Thanking Senator Schumer's Office in the Federal Building in NYC for helping me get a congressional leasion to force Buffalo Regional VA into approving all my service-connected claims that were in for Years that they refused to answer.

Now the whole story why I haven't been on this site for years. Senator Schumer's VA Office in NYC saw the neglect I went through and how the Buffalo VA was treating me, so they wrote up a BILL on my behalf.
In doing so my wife had to take time off work we couldn't really afford and pay to fly down, and all travel was on OUR Dime. She went down TWO different times to meet with them over a like 3 year period to wrap up and put the Bill in.

I met the women that worked at schumers was CAROLINE, and she explained to us this Veteran BILL (WILL) go through and told of what was wrote in the Bill.

So here is what she told us,

#1 When the Bill goes through I can use my wife insurance and the VA will pay for any and all Co-Pays so No dealing with any VA Hospital

#2 She explained what THEY Calculated as being my Monthly Check from the VA would be, and it was, over $4200 a month and she explained that every month is like the Money is going into a Bank account until the Bill goes through and on top of that I will recieve ALL my Back pay all the way back to when we put in all my Claims for my service connected Conditions

And she said at first it was nearly a HALF MILLION DOLLARS she Actually gave the exact amount like $492K and the VA would have to cut a Check with in 30 days of the Bill going through, as time has Passed like almost 7 years now since we were PROMISSED this the amount would tatalover $800k Now.

She also went on over the years telling us it will go through and DONT call ANYONE DONT WRITE anyone about anything VA to correct my discharge Just hold tight and she explained she would File all my Grants for me after the Bill Goes through like Housing grants.

Wheelchair Van Etc, so we kept property we were going to sell and paid taxes on waiting so we could build a Adaptive Home etc. Now after all these years going by and we see NOTHING happing and my health declining more and more we saw where NYS had that Restore Honor act be passed so my wife contacted Caroline who now was only working ONE DAY a week for Schumer's office and Caroline Tune changed on the Bill and said go for the Restore Honor act so we did and I was the First in NYS to have my VA restored to Honorable and they filed a (COD) on my behalf.

Now for why the Bill Never went through?? I guess Its a case of Incompentense,,a Con Job..Who knows but think about it who does that makes all those promises and say DONT CONTACT ANY VSOs.Write NO ONE and wait YEARS and we make all these plans that we would have done so differently if not Promised so Much..

I have had my share of neglect-abuse-from the VA and schemers people know this and to do this to us is Unacceptable and down right cruel. Now onto what has happened to the COD NYS filed on my behalf.

Considering I am service-connected PTSD/MDD/MST/Quadriparesis/sleep apnea with CPAP/Swallowing/Liver/and more that triggered them to fast track a decision and in the mean time we went ahead Now the BILL CON JOB is Over got a VSO and that is Paralyzed Veterans of America.

We were told by the Regional VA that was Handling my COD that the PTSD/MST abuse..neglect and all wasnt a deciding Factor in the end --It was IF I were (INSANE) at the Time I went AWOL while in a Medical Hold where the MEB had me listed as UNFIT for duty Physically and (MENTALLY), so they set up a appointment and I met with there Thryraphist and she wrote that I was in an Altered State of mind at that time and my now PVA VSO said he had the SAME diagnosis for someone else just like mine and they were approved for all VA Benefits

BUT it WASNT the Case for me they said NOPE just Medical and That's all..So here we are Many many years later, seeing all these Bills go through about Vets with PTSD/MST/Trauma near-death deserve Benefits and they say NO NOT YOU...

Overall these years we never knew there is TWO types of OTH-Other than Honorable discharges Mine being in Lieu of Court Martial throws all my rights out the window and have to be found INSANE.. Kinda Like a Murderer.. all for going AWOL while I was mentally and physically unfit for Duty.

I, over the years never knew why I had at that time all my Mental going on after being totally Paralyed on on a Ventilator and feeding tube in and out of the ICU and Months in a shit hole 1970s VA Hospital where bedsores and Gangrene are the Norm. Its CALLED POST INTENSIVE CARE SYNDROME... It answered all my questions why I had memory loss, Like not remembering how to tie my shoes and wipe my own ass..hold a Pencil..write some numbers, and more.. Like I lost my Mind. Many VSO back in the 80s my wife tried ask for help and told my story of all that happened to me ALL came back with the same and we even hear it from some now..ITS JUST THE WAY IT WAS BACK THEN.. I can see now after like 50 years its still the same,,same ole shit deny deny and suffer till you die..

Edited by Tbird
Added line breaks for readability.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet