VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I have hadit

Rate this topic

Whodat

Denial Letters are in a rise again. 

2019, I had filed a Supplemental for Migraines, Bilateral knee condition, and ED. All was filed as primary, and as a secondary for my already SC conditions. DENIED. 

Filed the HLR.  Then I get a letter for  DTA. Not sure what the error was for but was sent back to Supplemental.  Had more C&P exams in Feb 2022. 

05/02/22 today, got another denial letter.  Evidence shows my injury in service. Shows my current Diagnosis. C&P examiners can't find a link.  Of course, LHI examiners can't find a link. But the letter states, VA examiners can't find a link. 

Makes me wonder. Some people says that you need an IMO some days you don't. What is the real truth? 

I'll share one of my VA stories, if I may.

The VA sent me to a C&P exam for my bad ankles seven years ago.

The examiner found medical evidence in my service treatment records and opined i was entitled to service connection.

You'd think that would be a win, right?

Not so fast.

The rater wasn't down for that, so I was sent for another C&P exam for my ankles only a few weeks later.

Can you believe that the second examiner opined there was no entitlement to service connection?

Want to guess which examiner the VA rater found more "persuasive"?

I believe that there is a practice at the VA known as "doctor shopping".

If the VA doesn't like what one examiner said, the VA will send you to a different examiner with a known track record of unfavorable opinions who will pencil whip you.

Hey.... what is good for the goose, is good for the gander, so I went doctor shopping myself.

I obtained some solid medical opinions from doctors I found, and from doctors my attorney found, and the rest is history.

I still have a few more compensation issues to iron out with the BVA due to a remand by the CAVC.

The VLJ is currently reviewing the issues and I expect a decision soon.

Edited by 63Charlie

63c, I am a 63x. I hear you. I have had it. VA is looking for denial statements instead of the truth. 

Some Vets wants to make it as a career. Do not complain because the threats of a discharge, flipping burgers for the rest of their lives. 

Career soldiers drive on. self treatment.  No evidence. Duh. Chapter, discharge. Here for my country.  20 years. Records silence.  Beat me up tear me down, denied.  What? I was 18 in an all volunteering force. Heathy on initial exam. My first job. But caused by age. Not military. I am 52; 

Oh. Ds  O   187ord Bn  4th BDE  Cell Block c.  Charlie co. 

• HadIt.com Elder

For federal worker's compensation they will send you for a second opinion and create disagreement until they find some doctor who will say you have grown an extra leg while off work.  The VA does doctor shop as well.  How can a C&P doctor opine on your SC status or not.  They are just supposed to describe your condition.  If your service records show an injury then it should be as like as not that your are service connected. That is benefit of doubt.  I know they don't do that half the time and make you wait for years.  They pay no penalty for this abuse.

4 hours ago, Whodat said:

Some Vets wants to make it as a career. Do not complain because the threats of a discharge, flipping burgers for the rest of their lives. 

I was ostracized by my chain of command for receiving medical treatment.

It got bad, and I don't want to say no more.