VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sign in to My HealtheVet changing soon — here’s what to expect Source: Vantage Point Blog

Rate this topic

• Founder

stethoscope-lying-on-medical-form.jpeg

Do you use My HealtheVet?

The process for signing in to your account is changing.

Soon, My HealtheVet users will start signing in through the new VA sign-in page. This new process will give your account an extra layer of security to keep your VA information safe.

The new sign-in process has been available on My HealtheVet for several months, and you may have already tried it for yourself.

If you want to try it today, go to the My HealtheVet home page, select “Sign in,” and then select “Try the new sign in” at the top of the page.

How to sign in with the new process

The first time you use the new process, you’ll notice a few key differences.

You’ll start by entering the information you usually use to sign in, such as your My HealtheVet user ID and password or your DS Logon or ID.me account information. You can also use a new credential, Login.gov, to sign in. There’s more information about Login.gov later in this article.

The first time you use the new VA sign-in, you will have to enter an email address to sign in. Make sure you use a current email address that you can access during the sign-in process. The email address you use cannot also be used to sign into another account, such as your spouse’s.

When you enter your email address, you’ll receive a confirmation message. To continue signing in, you’ll need to find that message in your email inbox and follow the instructions to confirm you received it.

The next step is multifactor authentication. Multifactor authentication is an added step that helps strengthen your account security. You can learn more about it by watching this video.

If you sign in using your DS Logon or My HealtheVet credential, you will have the option to set up multifactor authentication. Follow the instructions on the page or select “Set it up later” to skip it for now.

Users who sign in with ID.me or Login.gov have multifactor authentication set up already. Simply follow the instructions to finish signing in.

For more details, check out the guide to signing in to My HealtheVet using the new VA sign-in process.

Introducing Login.gov

The new sign-in page also includes a new option for signing in: Login.gov.

Login.gov is a sign-in service built by the U.S. government that works on other government websites. Login.gov is not the same as ID.me, and your Login.gov information is not shared with ID.me.

You can use Login.gov or continue using the previous sign-in options – My HealtheVet, DS Logon, or ID.me. Learn more on the Login.gov website.

Need help?

We understand change can be difficult sometimes, and we’re here to help. You can learn more about what to expect and find helpful resources on the My HealtheVet website.

If you get stuck, you can call the My VA 4-1-1 information line 24/7 at 800-MyVA-411 (800-698-2411

https://blogs.va.gov/VAntage/103117/sign-in-to-my-healthevet-changing-soon-heres-what-to-expect/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=&utm_term=&utm_content=