VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&T Rating Ask and you may receive

Rate this question

Dustoff1970

Question

In May 2000 I sent a claim to VARO asking that my PTSD TDIU rating of 1998 be made Permanent and Total and in August of 2000 the VARO did just that in a decision saying I was now considered permanent with my TDIU rating being considered Total.  The VARO based their decision upon "review of my claims file" only with no C&P exam required or further evidence from me.

Also in early 2000 I filed claims of CUE and VA INjury section 1151 that were included in an Equitable Relief Claim for Administrative Review that I sent directly to the VA Secretary with copies to the head of the VBM and to many U.S. Senators and Congressmen of many states. So all this played together for my benefit with several years of backpay of the original TDIU claim.  If you think you have strong evidence to support your claim request then go for it as it does not hurt you one bit IMHO as there is very little downside.  All they can do is say no or not respond to you.

There are more than a few yahool experts in the open internet universe that along with other misleading information constantly tell vets they cannot receive a P&T rating simply by asking for it.  This of course is pure BS as I am sitting here looking at both my un scanned claim filed as a statement in support of claim and also the actual un scanned official August 2000 decision letter from the Waco VARO. I will scan both documents when in the mood for future forum publication.  I have copies of everything from 1985 forward and including Army medical records I have from Vietnam, Japan in 1970.  Being a pack rat has paid off well for me.

Always check with Hadit first before asking the yahoos at another point in space.  It is always good to compare answers from different sources though.

My comment is not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO. What works for me may or may not work for you.

https://www.facebook.com/Veterans-Information-Journal-105893908788750/

Edited by Dustoff 11

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, if you are out of work for a year file for TDIU and SSDI.  One requirement of SSDI is that you will be off work for at least a year.  If you get SSDI that will help with TDIU and probably vice/versa.  If you get SSDI you get Medicare within two years.