VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is it doable? Hire a POA (Lawyer)for one appeal and VSO for another separate appeal.

Rate this question

GulfWarVet1990

Question

Good evening, has anyone appointed a POA for separate appeals simultaneously. For example, can you appoint a VSO to submit an appeal for Chronic Fatigue, while simultaneously hire a lawyer (due to their specialty) submit an appeal for OSA? Is this a favorable approach? Is is doable? Thanks

3 answers to this question

There used to be a rule that if you file a claim while another claim is pending, it becomes part of the pending claim.  That rule came about around 10 years ago if I remember correctly.  I am not sure if it has changed again since then.

If it is the case, not sure what would happen.  Maybe someone who has done can opine.

Carl

Good luck!

Edited by Carl Bacon
cause I can

Which ever VA Form 2122 is filed last will have the POA for you.  That doesn't mean that the other claim wont be processed just that lawyer/VSO will not have access to your VA file.  We require a letter of release from lawyers before we will assist veterans since the lawyers make money from claims/appeals and VSOs dont.

Yes, I noticed the lawyer is listed as my POA now.  Thanks all.