VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Again No Nexus MO Required from other Doctor

Rate this question

Dustoff1970

Question

Just for your info I was very recently awarded GERD @60% and Tinnitus at 10% by VARO on initial claim.  The decisions were only based upon a review of my long term VA medical records to include copies of prescriptions since 1985 and 2000 and also Army medical records in Nam and Japan in 1970 (for Tinnitus).  I again supplied my own duplicate copies of all records and prescriptions just to be sure and save time and no excuses from VARO that there were no records or evidence.  Favorable decisions on both were fast within 20 days from filing.

VARO agreed with my own claim request statement that GERD is secondary to long term VA VN PTSD and PTSD medications and that my Tinnitus was direct service connected to my repeated combat incidents in Nam in 70 as Army medevac pilot and receiving the PH and CMB.

The nice ladies Nurse Practitioners (not doctors)  at QTC exam immediately agreed with my records as a mere formality.

In 2000 the VA Austin, TX outpatient clinic made a simple one sentence note I had GERD among other medical issues and issued me a prescription for Ranitidine that I have taken over 20 years to present day.  Medication was changed to Omeprazole few years ago. 

Over the many years other VA doctor and nurses entered GERD in my notes.  I made always copies of my prescriptions for VA claims.  Works well for me.  Never did I receive any doctor's actual diagnosis or nexus statement from anyone that my PTSD caused GERD only my own statement in the GERD claim.  If you have strong medical records evidence as me then you have a good chance to win your claim if you cannot find a VA or private doctor to give you a nexus opinion statement.  I would have won my claim on appeal to BVA if it was necessary to do so.  My very friendly VA primary care doctor is very lazy and speaks very poor English but is helpful with labs and meds and referrals only and will not give out nexus opinions or letters for anything at all.

Also this note from Nurse Judy Rose at the VA Outpatient Clinic in Austin in 2000 about my GERD acid reflux. 

Problem:            OTH SP DISORD/ESOPHAGUS
Date/Time Entered:  17 Feb 2000 @ 1200
Provider:           ROSE,JUDY

In 2017 VA Sleep Clinic nurse in Nevada stated I had acid reflux on Axis III

My comment is not legal advice as I am no lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

Edited by Dustoff 11

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

On 5/24/2022 at 3:02 AM, Dustoff 11 said:

If you have strong medical records evidence as me then you have a good chance to win your claim if you cannot find a VA or private doctor to give you a nexus opinion statement. 

This is true,  but the problem is that most times they VA will request a C/P even though the information is in the file....