VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P exam today

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

Well today, I get a "do over" C/P exam for arthritis of my left knee. I discredited the previous c/p examiners medical report. Ironically,

she was the same examiner who did a c/p exam for my right knee and I got a raise on the arthritis. She claimed my left

knee was worse than my right knee when we spoke,  in the end I was awarded service conection for the left knee arthritis,

but the way it was done was weird. The rater combined it with my service connected rating of  2016 under 5260, limited flexion w/torn meniscus

It should have been rated separately under 5257 even if it was rated at 0%.  which apparently is what they did when combining

it to a previous rating and not awarding an increase.

I know in the grand sceme of things even a 20% rating will not move the needle for compensation, but I believe the VA should rate veterans for all service connected issues 

regardless of the rating or if it will increase compensation or not. For me its also about the recognition or acknowledgement that my service to the country

caused me  great  hard to my body.  I  get anxiety when it comes to C/P exams, I never sleep well the night before, and I get the dry heaves when ever I have one of these exams.

I know what to expect, but I still have adverse reactions before the exam.

I hope it goes well. 

5 answers to this question

Well I had the exam and I don't know what make of it, The only thing the NP did was to measure my knees she said it was 80 each?  She had me get on the table and bend the knees, and meaasured them,  she forced the left knee causing some pain.. She asked me a few question and that was it , about 10 minutes. It was perhaps the most useless exam I ever had, but I have to see what the report says.. until then ...  I hate these exams because they never seam to do them correctly.

Edited by Richard1954
as usual Spelling ( I have fat fingers, and transpose all the time

Well, I have heard similar stories of an examiner assisting vets to bend beyond their pain level. This is a no no. In my opinion, if it had caused you more pain, I would have immediately contacted my primary care, scheduled an appointment, and told them as to why I am in pain. 

The way that I understand you, the NP assisted you by touching/forcing you to go beyond your pain limitation which could cause more pain and or injuries. 

• HadIt.com Elder

This is an old trick worker's compensation doctors pull.  You say you can't bend over and they "help" you to do it.  Now you are a liar and a fraud.  Tell them to "STOP"!  Now you have hurt yourself with aide of C&P doctor.  If you think it will be easy to prove that think again.  Your word against the C&P doctor.  Best claim is a mental health claim.  They cannot xray your brain or force you to bend your broken brain.  They would if they could. Any physical injury claim should be accompanied with mental health claim such as depression.  Most common type injury that lays people up and ruins their working lives is a back injury.