VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Community care Again!

Rate this topic

I received an email from the VA  this morning  requesting me to contact them as they claimed they could not contact me by phone.. ( yea right!)

So I called them, it was community care and they wanted to set up an appointment for an open MRI for my spine, ( One segment at a time) This was requested in Dec 2021.

Because of the Goverments  over reaction to COVID19, it was impossible to get an appointment in Jan so I just told them to forget it.

So here we go again, they want to send me to Austin or Waco,  I told them I am not giing to Austin, and if the place in Waco is within a 30 minute drive  good, otherwise I won't accept any appointment. 

I need this MRI because I am having Hip problems now and I think the problem comes from my lower back condition. 

Anyway wish me luck, I am going to need it.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I never understand why they do not want to perform a single full-spine MRI vs. making you have separate imaging for each segment... I mean, you're already going to be there...

On 6/9/2022 at 10:22 AM, Vync said:

I mean, you're already going to be there...

Yea I thinnk it depends on what the doctors order, mine order  a scan on each segmet, but doesn't want me to do them all at once becaue of the contrast. I may not get it anyway because i have to go to waco ( and my wife is in San Antonio)  and I don't drive more than a few miles, with my back and knee problems, its just to much,.  I just received another offer from offerpad for $271,000 , with them you pay your own closing cost, so there is no fee, and if they want something fixed you fix the issue or pay their estimate. The will allow you to stay in the home for 90 days, and they will pay for a local move.. so the offer is nice, but I am not jumping at it.

Edited by Richard1954
add ne info from offerpad

13 hours ago, Richard1954 said:

Yea I thinnk it depends on what the doctors order, mine order  a scan on each segmet, but doesn't want me to do them all at once becaue of the contrast. I may not get it anyway because i have to go to waco ( and my wife is in San Antonio)  and I don't drive more than a few miles, with my back and knee problems, its just to much,.  I just received another offer from offerpad for $271,000 , with them you pay your own closing cost, so there is no fee, and if they want something fixed you fix the issue or pay their estimate. The will allow you to stay in the home for 90 days, and they will pay for a local move.. so the offer is nice, but I am not jumping at it.

Oh yeah, I remember having to come back in for imaging for comparisons of scans with and without contrast, but I assume they would at least tell you it is for imaging and not a C&P exam itself.

I don't blame you for not jumping on that offer. Last year, I kept getting offers to buy my old house. I got with a local realtor and they helped sell my old house for more than any offer I received in the mail. Of course, I already had a new house. Had a dozen bids in three days with most over the listing price. Those offers are marketed as a lure with the appeal of big quick money without regard for any existing mortgage/equity loans or where the homeowner might go. Saw on the news that people were preparing to sell and then found that rent on an apartment is higher than their old house payment.

On 6/15/2022 at 8:50 AM, Vync said:

would at least tell you it is for imaging and not a C&P exam itself.

Its not for a c/p exam, but it will help me make a decision on rather I should file for my hip problems secondary to my back or knee injuries.

The doctor wants to know if my back has worstened or if its just pain radiating to my hip.

On 6/15/2022 at 8:50 AM, Vync said:

I don't blame you for not jumping on that offer.

I did not take any offers the $271.000  offer is low. According to my mortgage company the  my house is valued at $289,200. 

Opendoor offered $258,000 , and Offerpad offered $271,000 this was within the same week and quite a bit of space between them.

My tax appraisal  in Jan 2022 was $267.651 so this alone told me that the offers were low, because the tax value is always lower than any appraisal 

I now have a better idea of what I am going to ask for if we decide to sell ... I'll start at $295.000 . 

One thing is for sure we are not selling unless we  close on a new house. 

31 minutes ago, Richard1954 said:

Its not for a c/p exam, but it will help me make a decision on rather I should file for my hip problems secondary to my back or knee injuries.

The doctor wants to know if my back has worstened or if its just pain radiating to my hip.

Could be both. Remember that old song, "the back bone is connected to the thigh bone", etc...

Tax appraisals are typically lower than what you could actually get by selling. Our agent recommended we do a few things like get carpets cleaned had have a couple of rooms painted, with the plan to give it more curb appeal and draw higher offers. Regarding your offers, we got plenty of lowball offers like that, too. The mortgage company valued my old home at a bit higher than the unsolicited offers. However, when our agent got involved, they had a bunch of offers in no time at all. Be to examine each offer carefully. A few of ours were below our initial asking price. However, most were above that. Each offer had it's own pros and cons. For example, most of them were contingent upon a satisfactory inspection. Others asked for the homeowner (us) to fix things that came up in inspection. However, I had one offer that said they would pay $3K over any other offer, required no inspection/cleaning/or repairs, so long as we waited about a month to close. We chose the last one because we already had a new house and it gave my friends and family time to casually finish moving our stuff.