VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I am puzzled why I may have to do a 2nd C&P on a very defined and obvious claim.

Rate this question

Steve C

Question

My claim is pretty definitive. I had a surgery in service for a kidney issue. For 39 years, I thought all was good from the surgery until during a cancer CT anual exam, I find out that that kidney had "died" through the years as a result of a bad procedure/bad technique/ or inept surgeon. I did my itent to file in 2020 and filed in 2021 and thanks to the COVID government shutdown, had to wait. On 1 June 2022 I was able to finally do a C&P (LHI) that I actually left feeling fairly comfortable with. On 6 June 2022, I get an email alledgely from VBA saying that I needed a C&P to support my claim and it listed Veteran Evaluation Service (with contact information) and stated I would be contacted. I immediately called VES who wasw absolutely no help because they had not received my records/information and had not assigned my case to a scheduler. I was basically told I had to wait to hear from them. 

Okay, I am the type who likes to research things that involve me. When looking into VES, I found that there is very little information on them and that they only have 25 locations nationwide listed under their name. I also found that yelp ratings were extremely poor. So yesterday, 9 June 2022, I called VES back to inquire and learn a bit more about them and ask why I was possibly going to have to have a 2nd C&P. Imagine my frustration when I learn they still do not have any information on me and still have not assigned a scheduler. But more than that, I would have been better off talking to a wall. She could not provide me any useful information; including where I may have to go for said C&P, only that they would pay for my travel or provide transportation. Mind you, out of the listed 25 locations, the closest is Cleveland OH and I live in Lexington KY which I seriously doubt they are going to transport me to.

With that said, has anyone had to deal with this fiasco? My claim is finite. I submitted a fully developed claim with indesputable VA records to back it up. Per my LHI NP who did my C&P 1 June, my military medical records support my claim. (she would not give me any more information than that). While supposedly VES is in good standing with VA, they don't seem very transparent or above board to me and I spent 17 years working on surgical teams as a surgical technician and surgical assistant (independent provider) with a pretty good working knowledge of history and physicals. I am interested with anyone's experiences with VES, for one. And can anyone explain the need for a 2nd exam on a defined case. I mean really, other than opening me up again to look and see that the kidney is no longer there, what could they possibly be looking for? The real proble lies in the fact that now, I am dealing with some issues with the remaining kidney that my VA doctors tell me has diminshed function. Thanks to cancer lung damage, I am not a candidate for transplant. This makes no sense to me.

Apply to have your case advance all you need to show is the paperwork on you kidney. They should advance it. I forget we're to fax it. But it is on the site 

Many will say calling the white house hotline does help. But it help me a few times.

I would call complaint about everything and tell them about the kidney.

It might get someone to respond to you.

I would stated and ask for someone to call and explain why I am doing 2 exams.

Also upload a statement about the 2 exams so it can be part of your record. That you feel you don't need another exam.

Good luck.