VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VES Records Review C&P Question

Rate this question

scooter318

Question

Recently I posted a question about receiving a records review only from VES. Today I received a call from VES stating that my exam will be a phone call instead of just a records review. In speaking to the VES agent she asked me to fax a copy of my sleep study, the prescription for the CPAP and a copy of the IMO over to the Dr. that's going to be calling me. Is it common for the VA not to send documentation over to the contractors, because I don't understand how the VA can set you up for a C&P with an outside entity and not give them the paperwork that I sent them.

Well my friend, VA should have sent over supporting documents in your favor but you have been failed again by the VA system. Make sure that you have uploaded all of your supporting documents pertaining to you claim. 

VES, LHI etc do not allow for you to see the report that they have written, why should you provide information that they need?  

It's uploaded, in my VA files, you stated that you have reviewed my files. How?  

Although very inconvenient and unfair it is best to comply ASAP with their request for your own benefit.  You can go to FED EX or UPS Store to use their fax for pay service as I have done in the past if you cannot do so from home.  Or maybe a local library. Not too expensive as I recall.

Ask them to confirm receipt of ALL your fax copies by number of pages you sent. If they provide you with mailing address consider sending copies of everything by mail if no confirmation of fax receipt and use the account number for your exam they should have provided you like LHI and QTC did for me.

My comment is not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

I believe that I am going to have a "medical opinion" review here shortly.  Stopped by the County Lands Records and also visited the VA office there.  They showed me a letter being sent my way and also a request for a exam (opinion) regards my appeal.

I would definetly send them anything they ask for.  And I would highlight the portions that you feel are in your favor for a favorable, again, opinion.  Leave out anything that may go against you.  LOL.  Let them do the dirty work.

The examiner can only work with what he has.

How many times (before LHI and VES) did we go to a VA Hospital C&P exam only to find out the VA Doctor or NP did NOT have the pertinant records related to our claim(s)

Supposed too, and reality are polar opposites with the VA,

Carl

20 hours ago, scooter318 said:

Recently I posted a question about receiving a records review only from VES. Today I received a call from VES stating that my exam will be a phone call instead of just a records review. In speaking to the VES agent she asked me to fax a copy of my sleep study, the prescription for the CPAP and a copy of the IMO over to the Dr. that's going to be calling me. Is it common for the VA not to send documentation over to the contractors, because I don't understand how the VA can set you up for a C&P with an outside entity and not give them the paperwork that I sent them.

I do not believe the VA sends out records anymore, I believe they give contractors limited access to veterans VARO, VAMC and Community Care Records. I had two separate contract examinations, the first examiner took and reviewed a copy of my medical evidence and wrote a favorable medical opinion with a good medical rationale. The second examiner refused to take my copy of evidence but listened to my statement then went into several VA systems and pulled out the medical documents that I referred to and then also wrote a favorable medical opinion with a good medical rationale

In other words, not saying what type of medical opinion you will get (favorable or not) at least is seems that the VES is trying to complete a proper examination and hopefully it should be a good one. Better than the examiner guessing and throwing their opinion up in the air.