VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DOD Reserve Health Readiness Program

Rate this question

Dustoff1970

Question

At age 76 and fully P&T 100% for well over twenty years I just received email from LHI to make an appointment for exam for the DOD Reserve Health Readiness Program ( a new one on me).   In 1982 I received a total and final Honorable Discharge from The Army Reserve and "all reserve forces of the USA"  as a CW2 Warrant Officer Medevac Pilot.  Before that I received 3 prior Honorable Discharges as enlisted and Warrant Officer from Active Army and Army National Guard.  I also resigned my appointment as a Warrant Officer and I of course have several copies of all those orders and discharges.

My VA health issues for P&T are heart disease, GERD, Sleep Apnea, PTSD and Tinnitus all of long duration.

It will be a cold day in hell before I ever again risk my butt for good old USA after being treated like a baby killer, joke and loser on returning from Nam in 71 and later years. Sounds like another Dem attempt at a Vietnam Draft??  Maybe this is attempt payback for my twitter post against present??

Has anyone else received one of these  emails???  I am not going to even reply to this garbage and if necessary will contact national but not useless local news media.  I am not worried about this chit one bit after what I have already been thru  at age 76.  I can understand if you are afraid to comment on this issue.  You may be next😀

I will be posting this comment on other social media where I have 4500 friends on FB.

image.thumb.jpeg.b9bc7a8394f2231f03d85afac991fca9.jpeg

Edited by Dustoff 11

9 hours ago, Dustoff 11 said:

At age 76 and fully P&T 100% for well over twenty years I just received email from LHI to make an appointment for exam for the DOD Reserve Health Readiness Program ( a new one on me).   In 1982 I received a total and final Honorable Discharge from The Army Reserve and "all reserve forces of the USA"  as a CW2 Warrant Officer Medevac Pilot.  Before that I received 3 prior Honorable Discharges as enlisted and Warrant Officer from Active Army and Army National Guard.  I also resigned my appointment as a Warrant Officer and I of course have several copies of all those orders and discharges.

My VA health issues for P&T are heart disease, GERD, Sleep Apnea, PTSD and Tinnitus all of long duration.

It will be a cold day in hell before I ever again risk my butt for good old USA after being treated like a baby killer, joke and loser on returning from Nam in 71 and later years. Sounds like another Dem attempt at a Vietnam Draft??  Maybe this is attempt payback for my twitter post against present??

Has anyone else received one of these nasty emails???  I am not going to even reply to this garbage and if necessary will contact national but not useless local news media.  I am not worried about this chit one bit after what I have already been thru for good old USA and at age 76.  To hell with babe ruth as the saying goes.

I will be posting this comment on other social media where I have 4500 friends on FB.

image.thumb.jpeg.b9bc7a8394f2231f03d85afac991fca9.jpeg

It might help if you briefly described what the email is. Its not a VA email so I can't shed any light on this, I have no idea what it is, either. 

This is all I could find on it in a quick search- Its a program to provide health services, not a recruitment effort. 

https://www.health.mil/Military-Health-Topics/Combat-Support/Public-Health/Health-Readiness-Support/Reserve-Health-Readiness-Program/Frequently-Asked-Questions

Sorry Broken Soldier you and few others are on my ignore list and I cannot/will not see your reply.  

If I am only one in my age group to receive the LHI exam email, then the LHI email was a mistake, or it is cheap petty harassment against me for my political statements against the pr on FB and twitter.  Cheers to the brave

Edited by Dustoff 11

I have not received any such type of emails.  However, some years ago, I used to receive "recruiting letters" from the national Guard.  

If you want to read brokensoldier's post, you can Un ignore.  

You can ignore posters again later, if you so choose.  

I rarely use "ignore"..Im capable of deciding whether or not I choose to engage a conversation, or not.    In other words, people sometimes ask me questions where "I dont want to go there".  

As far as I know, people are not arrested for not answering a question.  Indeed, sometimes the best answer is silence.  

I cant speak for Facebook, but on hadit, answering questions is strictly voluntary.  So, if you do want your question answered here, its a great idea to be cival, and polite.  We simply dont have to engage posters who have posted stuff we think is offensive, since there are a lot of different opinions on what is offensive.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

On the side of my VAMC is a sign indicating it is a research center. However, coming from LHI would cause me concern, too... I doubt they are not researching how you managed to stay alive well into your 70s. There should be a phone number on the LHI letter you can call to inquire further. They will tell you if this was for a specific type of exam. Call Peggy, who knows, you might get an answer like the letter was sent in error.

After I left active duty, I was in the Inactive Ready Reserve for a couple of years until my contract expired. No pay, but subject to recall to active duty. However, my father served in the Army and in Vietnam retired after 24 years. His contract was different because he was subject to recall until age 65. He explained it as if he were to be called up, they would let him know, do a health exam, and place him in a role stateside where he would be processing other veterans and soldiers. Of course, he is now the same age you are and is definitely in no shape to serve because he would get lost on the way to work due to TBI.

Thanks, bronconvet for your input but according to forum rules I do have the right to add a few folks to my ignore list and have done so for my good reason.  I did not want to waste Broken's time by responding to my post, so I advised him of this without being uncivil to him as I know he is 

It is too bad more Nam vets in my age group are not active on the forum but so be it and some of us got our pa. I still have active and healthy mental and physical due to my own

I am not offended by anyone advising me they are placing me on their ignore list as after Vietnam hard combat and 30 plus years of dealing with the VA disability and health care system I have a tough skin.  Cheers to the Brave and free sp 

Vietnam Dustoff Medevac | Facebook

Edited by Dustoff 11

https://www.health.mil/Military-Health-Topics/Health-Readiness   For those golden oldies like me here is link to the DOD Reserve Health Readiness website.  I am not wasting my time looking thru the site garbage.  

Others are free to go in my place I would feel honored😃

Edited by Dustoff 11