VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA employee caught on camera beating Veteran

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Yes I also saw this in news video but nothing will be done to the putrid perp due to present day Wokeness. At age 76 I avoid or minimize my contact with VA and other government types who are own their own little power trip over us vets and older folks.  Don't need or want interaction with them or to be friends with them.  Doing just fine without the h

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Yikes! And it gets worse... Look who the employee was:

Lawrence Gaillard Jr., a patient advocate at the clinic, has been identified by the VA as the employee. He was arrested the day of the beating, April 28, and charged with felony assault.

I do not know if anyone has posted about this story yet but I wanted to get this story out so everyone can see just how crazy it really is at the Atlanta VA. Below is the FOX News Story played this morning. YES the employee is out of jail and back at work at the Atlanta VA. The veteran that was beaten spent 3 days in the hospital for his head injury.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6308383561112

Here is the local Atlanta Channel 2 WSB News report.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/disturbing-video-shows-atlanta-va-employee-attack-elderly-vietnam-veteran/K22NTEQYDRCMHM6KBNRNZRUSCE/

Atlanta VA Police blocked the release of the video and the arrest record. The VA Police would not even turn anything over to Atlanta Police as they should because it was two people who live in Georgia and it becomes a state matter also. The reporter finally got the arrest record from the US Marshals who had to get involved because of the jurisdiction dispute.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/court-records-show-va-employee-arrested-charged-brutal-beating-vietnam-veteran/BG6OJZ6MKRERFIUBQKPLS7J2XA/

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/vietnam-vet-says-va-employee-attacked-him-inside-metro-clinic/V5CL7URNABHRNDM3BPEND4XZLA/

This is a developing story but watch FOX News this weekend on the morning show because Pete Hegseth says he will be talking about a lot of other problems that are ongoing in the VA like blocking VA Mission Act and covering up scandals.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@BB2005Welcome to Hadit! Wish is could have been for other reasons than what happened to this veteran. Many of us are wondering why he is back on the job and not placed on administrative leave or transferred in a role where he is not interacting professionally with other vets. 

6 hours ago, Vync said:

@BB2005Welcome to Hadit! Wish is could have been for other reasons than what happened to this veteran. Many of us are wondering why he is back on the job and not placed on administrative leave or transferred in a role where he is not interacting professionally with other vets. 

Well he is a federal union VA employee and they can do no wrong in eyes of other VA pukes and federally paid politicians.  Judges are also government paid perps.   The VA doctor psychiatrics in Texas in 2000 (Vashingan) that sexually assaulted vet patients and even his own staff at Austin CBOC was found guilty of several charges by a district court jury but the filthy putrid Travis county Judge reduced his crimes from felonies to misdemeanors and no jail time.  The pervert also attempted an assault on me but it didn't work out.  I still have copies of the charge sheets, arrest record and local news coverage of his trial. He was probably moved by VA to another state to continue his well paid work.  Way too many are scu

Edited by Dustoff 11