VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Additional Evidence

Rate this question

Coffee123

Question

6 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Not sure today, but when I had claims I occasionally submitted evidence during exam. Sometimes they would accept it, but not always. Instead, I submitted copies ahead of time and brought more copies with me just in case. Some examiners may review your records before the exam...

Probably best to get those documents in, even if you have to schedule a walk-in appointment with the VARO to get the documents turned in and date scanned it would help. I uploaded several documents and was told that one document was missing, and my claim was denied. Really not sure how one document out of thirty-two was missing but my claim is waiting its turn at the BVA. 

Make sure to read the evidence used section on your decision letter to ensure that they did review the new information when making their decision.  If they did not then it is an easy appeal.

I always make a book containing information that will support my claim. The book will consist of my  medical records that pertain to my claim, and internet articles that support my claim. I bind the "book" together using plastic three hole covers were they have bend over tabs. I tell the examiners that they can keep the information and review it at their leisure, I make sure my name and any personal information is removed or covered up because you never know if they will toss it in the trash or shred it. You never know what some examiners will do with the information, but any decent examiner will at least scan the information.  Some times the examiners will list these books as evidence reviewed other times they don't. A couple of examiners  have told me that they appreciated what I had done.  One said it will make it eaiser for him to make a decision because he isn't having to review information on the computer going back and forth. Anyway that is what I do.