VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Disability Claim Waiting Time Poll

Rate this question

Tbird

Social Security Disability Claim Waiting Time Poll  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Social Security how after application to your first decision letter?

• 0 - 6 months
    • 6 mos - 1 year
    • 1 - 2 years
    • 3 - 4 years
    • 4 - 5 years
    • 5 years and above
    • Still Waiting

Question

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've been 100% VA since 12/2001 ... applied for ssdi in 04/2003, was denied right away (2 mo's) filed my appeal, first ALJ hearing 2006, hearing was short and the alj terminated to reassign to another ALJ, didn't reassign but held second hearing 10/2006.... ALJ NOD DENIED !....currently at the Appeals Council & and the Office of Adjudication & Review... it seems that my judge has excersied some poor "judgement" ... I'd be interested in hearing if other vets have had problems with the SSDI Milwaukee office!?

Hello there u all

My last day at work was June 25,2007. The date given from SS caseworker for onset is also June 25,2007.

My date of filing for SSD is July 25,2007, one month later from onset.

There will be 5 months waiting period from the date of onset.

Expected date of decision is December 28, 2007.

A total of 6 months waitng period, according to my figures!

I received a Function Report form from the Disability Determination Services. I recently replied to their request. I hope it's all to my favor and u all wish me luck.

SS office is also aware that I'm 80 % P&T.

Good luck to u all and God Bless You. :)

My last day at work was June 25,2007. I applied for SSDI on July 25,2007.

I posted my info for my SSDI on Aug 30,2007 at Hadit.com.

I called the State Disablility Determination Services on Sept 12,2007. I spoke to the evaluator (DDS) and told me that he and a Physician has made their decision.

I asked if it is a 50/50 chance of me getting my benefits. He said it's more than 50/50. I think that means that I'm approved. He said I'll be receving a letter. (God willing an approval letter) in 1 to 2 weeks. I keep you posted. :D :rolleyes: B)

I just got back from the SS office. The lady I spoke to said I was one of the lucky ones for the QRB to picked my claim. I am kinda worried. But I read on hadit.com that QRB only makes sure that the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. I have faith that i'll receive my benefits. :huh: :( :(

I waited around 5 months here in NY. When I went down to SS to file the lady told me that they have nothing to do with the VA disability and do their own review. Well 5 months later check came in the mail.

A buddy of mine who is 100% went to file and pissed on the SS lady, she was Asian..well he waited 2 years.

So the story goes DO NOT piss them off.

I waited around 5 months here in NY. When I went down to SS to file the lady told me that they have nothing to do with the VA disability and do their own review. Well 5 months later check came in the mail.

A buddy of mine who is 100% went to file and pissed on the SS lady, she was Asian..well he waited 2 years.

So the story goes DO NOT piss them off.