VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What would you do? C/P QTC medical?

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

I just received two letters  from QTC Medical. They never contacted me by phone to set up any appointments.  Yet they have scheduled two appointment in a local strip mall. I called them and told them I would not attend any appointments, they did not call me and if they had I would have told them I do not do appointments with VA contractors. They always screw something up, and takes a year  or more to get a copy of the exam. I told them if the va wants me to do an appointment the va needs to call me and set it up at the local VA. No more contractors for me.  Also he wanted more personal information from me, and I would not give him anything except the account number on the letter and my name. He said he had to know my date of birth and all kinds of stuff or he could not help me. I said your not getting any more personnal information. I don't know you and I don't put out information.  I am really Pis@ed abnout this garbage. Now to write the va and tell then. I don't have any idea what the exam is for and the paperwork says nothing, which is another problem with the contractors. What would youi do.

• HadIt.com Elder

Richard1954 It sounds very unprofessional on QTC's part. Why wouldn't he have your personal info? Very strange. Personally, I'd be writing to the head of the RO and letting them know how unprofessional and unprepared they were.That said, however, you have some protections in your ratings. We must be clear to veterans and advocates reading the post that not going to a required C&P exam for MOST VETERANS is NOT the normal recommendation. You are 100% P&T; there are very few mandatory things the VA can make you do. But for the majority of cases, veterans called to go for a C&P should be attending; they most likely will lose their claim or get a reduction in their ratings if they don't. The veteran must really know what he is doing and the potential pitfalls if they don't attend. Just wanted to make it very clear to those reading your post.

33 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

But for the majority of cases, veterans called to go for a C&P should be attending;

Sorry I cannot disagree with you more. The VA does not have the right to require anyone to attend any exams at private faculities, in fact they should not be giving out a veterans information without the veterans consent. Any veteran can refuse to go to a contracted exam, and at the same time tell the va they will attend an exam at the va. I am not driving 2.5 hours to a contractor when the va is 24  minutes away. In fact I cannot drive 2.5 hours with my medical issues.  I've done it in the past but will not do it anymore. This time I have no idea what the exam is for. Maybe my eye but I don't know. Its true I am proteced (1999) but no one should be forced into any exam  by someone they don't even know, and very likely will never see again.

I have my own recent experience with QTC and they do leave a lot to be desired, but having said that you must attend or at a minimum reschedule. I also appreciate that they require you to verify your information repeatedly even though it is at times annoying. 

You should call VA and see if "they really" scheduled you for a c and p exam with QTC.  If so, ask them for the phone number.  

When you smell something rotten, you usually find fish.  But, sometimes that smell is blown in the wind from somewhere else.  So, go to the source:  VA.  

This said, if, indeed VA verifies a QTC exam is scheduled, and, you refuse to attend, well, expect a denial.  Just call your local VAMC and speak with someone in comp and pen..ask for who orders exams locally.  

Or go there and ask them.  

Well here is my lawyer brief on the issue maybe it will help other because I feel there should be a paper or something that a veteran can request a decision on his record.

An stop all these unnecessary contractor exams 

5. The Board provided an inadequate statement of reasons or bases when determining that withdrew his claim for SMC based on the loss of use of his left upper extremity in its February 14, 2022 decision.

Written withdrawal of an appeal is only effective where it is explicit, unambiguous, includes the name and VA file number of the veteran, and a statement that the appeal is withdrawn. Hembree v. Wilkie, 33 Vet. App. 1, 5 (2020). Here, the Board failed to provide any analysis as to whether  purported withdrawal of his loss of use claim was explicit, unambiguous, and included a statement that the appeal is withdrawn. R-4-5. Yet, the record shows that acting pro se, repeatedly argued that the Board’s remand of his loss of use claim was unlawful and that he only requested to withdraw “the remand” of his loss of use claim because he viewed the Board’s actions as an attempt to develop evidence against his claim. R-71-72, 84, 87, 96, 102, 598-99, 736, 918-19. He repeatedly asserted that the evidence of record was sufficient for the Board to render a decision. R117, 601, 689, 920.

Additionally, the Board did not address whether the circumstances surrounding the purported withdrawal influenced or rendered the alleged withdrawal involuntary. Alford v. McDonough, No. 19-3785 Vet. App. LEXIS 694, *11, WL 1565286 (April 22, 2021)(“the Board does not discuss whether [the veteran’s] mental health condition and his psychotropic medications affected his ability to withstand the pressure from his representative to withdraw his appeal, and thus failed to address whether [the veteran] executed a voluntary withdrawal under the circumstances.) For example, repeatedly argued that the Board is using the remand of his loss of use claim to “hold” (i.e. delay) a decision on his claims for SMC at the (o) and (r) rates, which is causing harm to his health. R-72, 580, 598-99. In fact, he implored the VA to “move forward with a decision even if it is a denial just move forward with a decision.” R-117, 601.