VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Submitting A Claim

Rate this topic

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard Sailor! Thank you for those long years of service and I am sorry to hear of the PArkinson's disease.

How long have you been out and is the Parkinson's in your SMRs?

Michael- we are all up top in Claims research Topic most of the time- you could copy and paste this question up there and get more input.

• HadIt.com Elder

What might you have in your service records that would service connect Parkinson's disease? You can certainly apply for veteran's drug benefits if that might reduce drug costs. I'd think that this will be difficult to service connect.

I've been retired 18 months. USN Yesterday I was diagnosed with Parkinsons disease. Any idea what I should put on, or with my claim to service connect

What might you have in your service records that would service connect Parkinson's disease? You can certainly apply for veteran's drug benefits if that might reduce drug costs. I'd think that this will be difficult to service connect.

There is a lot more known now about Parkinson's than just a few years ago. Young-Onset (YOPD) vs. Older-onset (OOPD); is it Parkinson's or Parkin's disease, etc., etc.

A quick research look gave this comment about onset time for Parkinson's:

"The median time it took to develop dyskinesias and fluctuations in YOPD patients was 3 years (for both), while in the older-onset patients it was 6 and 4 years respectively."

This could place your Parkinson's within your active duty time. Research, research, research - then it's to find the right doctor to agree with the research and write it into his/her medical opinion that yours started on active duty. Family history is important with Parkinson's. So is exposure to environmental toxins.

The whole point is- Do your homework and you may be able to ultimately prevail!

Ralph