VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

QTC DBQ Forms

Rate this question

ASU_0331

Question

So got an email from QTC to expect a call from them to schedule some C&P appointments for a host of lower extremity issues.  I logged into the website and lo and behold, they already have me scheduled for two days next week, 08/24-08/25.

On the website under my "account" there was a DBQ form that was for all the items on this claim.  Do I fill this out prior to my appointment or is this supposed to just be a primer that will be filled out by the provider as they ask me questions?  It seems that if I go ahead and take the initiative to fill it out in my own words, I will be able to convey everything I am dealing with, how long, and how it has all manifested from my service-connected disabilities.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I very recently experienced very friendly and successful QTC exams for GERD and Tinnitus.  I remember seeing a questionnaire or DBQ type form on the website, but it indicated to me that this was the items for the examiner to inquire about.  I filled out nothing that I recall on their website.

Both exams took no more than an hour and one was audio test for hearing loss and the other was a records review of my VA treatment and prescriptions for GERD due to PTSD since 2000.

Within 20 days from filing my claim I received 60% for GERD and 10% for Tinnitus.  I hope you have same pleasant QTC experience as I did.

My comment not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

1 hour ago, Dustoff 11 said:

I very recently experienced very friendly and successful QTC exams for GERD and Tinnitus.  I remember seeing a questionnaire or DBQ type form on the website, but it indicated to me that this was the items for the examiner to inquire about.  I filled out nothing that I recall on their website.

Both exams took no more than an hour and one was audio test for hearing loss and the other was a records review of my VA treatment and prescriptions for GERD due to PTSD since 2000.

Within 20 days from filing my claim I received 60% for GERD and 10% for Tinnitus.  I hope you have same pleasant QTC experience as I did.

My comment not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

QTC did the work-up on my pes planus and it was done extremely well.  Granted the provider was wearing bulky as hell orthopedics so she knew exactly what she was seeing when I took off my shoes/socks, saw my feet, and started typing like mad.

Personally, I think I am going to fill out the DBQ and hand it over "innocently" so my statements are entered as I say them and not only through annotation by the provider.

That is a good procedure on your part.  In all my claims and C&P exams over last 35 years I have always submitted both oral and written statements and evidence copies to the examiner in support of my claim.

Sometimes the examiner will look at my written stuff and even keep it for later referral and sometimes they will ignore it altogether and even one time acted insulted that I offered this.  They are under no obligation to look at or accept your written submissions, but this has worked for me majority of times.  All they can do is ignore or just say no.  Anyone who tells you not to do this is being deceitful as this is your and not their claim that is important to you and not them. Just make sure you are submitting positive favorable evidence and statements to your case. Review carefully before submitting.

My comment not legal advice as I not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

Update on my C&P exam for bilateral degenerative arthritis of great toe, bilateral IT Band Syndrome, bilateral Osgood Schlatter, and bilateral heel spurs.

Examiner acknowledged everything except the Osgood Schlatter disease, because apparently despite the PA at the VA medical center specifically telling me I had Osgood Schlatter disease to my face, she did not write it down in her report.  So I basically have had the same issue with my knees, documented since 2017 in both visits and imaging, but not a single doctor has made a diagnosis of what is actually wrong with my knees.  The tibial tuberosity is there, on imaging the tendon is showing inflammation and the bumps are clearly visible on my knees below the patella and tender to the examiner's.  And they have been there since 2017, but no diagnosis.  There is only a note in an imaging report in 2020 to check patient history for Osgood Schlatter's disease (which there is no history).

I so by her own explanation of items, I am expecting ratings on 3 items and a denial on the one missing a diagnosis due to doctors over 5 years choosing not to annotate a diagnosis in my records.