VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

USNDW

Little late but better than never.

September 9f 2009 I filed a compensation claim for Seronegative RA. The VARO failed to follow VCAA until 2019 when the VLJ ordered them to, or face consequences.

I actually sent them the medical records from 2/2009 through September when my Rheumatologist and PCM did what seemed like hundreds of tests.  Bottom line, for SNRA you do not have to have markers in your blood. If both sides of your body suffer from inflammation in all of the joints, it is some type of inflammatory RA.

I don't blame the C&P examiner who lied, saying that SNRA required blood markers for a diagnosis, or said there was no evidence of synovitis even though I had multiple surgical reports showing synovitis, or even that he said pannus had to be present, which no serious doctor would ever say,

I blame the VARO from the rater to the senior people who handled the NOD and CUE. They said in 2010 that Dr's KK, JB, and TM diagnosed and treated me for RA, it was not in the presumptive period or during service.

They had my service dates on the SOC from 2002 to 2003 and they know I served from 1985 to 2008. Every one of 3,000 records before that SOC had my dates of service correct.

I filed a NOD and they never answered. I sent a CUE and a copy to my Senator, they sent me for a C&P in 2012. That VA Dr lied, no two ways about it. I had copies of the medical records, medication I was taking, lab tests and imaging reports. The VA had 4 different licensed Dr's, two rheumatologist, and PCMs who diagnosed or agreed with the diagnosis, letters from me and my wife, my medical records contradicting what the C&P examiner stated.

There was an overwhelming amount of evidence and the C&P examiner made faulty arguments, which they are not supposed to do, and had earlier admitted I had been diagnosed with SNRA. 

The BVA took 5 years and three remands, but back in July, magically 1 day, in ebenefits there were ratings for about 16 or 17 joints SNRA. 

I am still fighting and still at the BVA because I asked for a 100% because of the impact on me. SAH is still at the BVA.

Hopefully not another 14 years

29 minutes ago, USNDW said:

September 9f 2009 I filed a compensation claim for Seronegative RA. The VARO failed to follow VCAA until 2019 when the VLJ ordered them to, or face consequences.

I actually sent them the medical records from 2/2009 through September when my Rheumatologist and PCM did what seemed like hundreds of tests.  Bottom line, for SNRA you do not have to have markers in your blood. If both sides of your body suffer from inflammation in all of the joints, it is some type of inflammatory RA.

I don't blame the C&P examiner who lied, saying that SNRA required blood markers for a diagnosis, or said there was no evidence of synovitis even though I had multiple surgical reports showing synovitis, or even that he said pannus had to be present, which no serious doctor would ever say,

I blame the VARO from the rater to the senior people who handled the NOD and CUE. They said in 2010 that Dr's KK, JB, and TM diagnosed and treated me for RA, it was not in the presumptive period or during service.

They had my service dates on the SOC from 2002 to 2003 and they know I served from 1985 to 2008. Every one of 3,000 records before that SOC had my dates of service correct.

I filed a NOD and they never answered. I sent a CUE and a copy to my Senator, they sent me for a C&P in 2012. That VA Dr lied, no two ways about it. I had copies of the medical records, medication I was taking, lab tests and imaging reports. The VA had 4 different licensed Dr's, two rheumatologist, and PCMs who diagnosed or agreed with the diagnosis, letters from me and my wife, my medical records contradicting what the C&P examiner stated.

There was an overwhelming amount of evidence and the C&P examiner made faulty arguments, which they are not supposed to do, and had earlier admitted I had been diagnosed with SNRA. 

The BVA took 5 years and three remands, but back in July, magically 1 day, in ebenefits there were ratings for about 16 or 17 joints SNRA. 

I am still fighting and still at the BVA because I asked for a 100% because of the impact on me. SAH is still at the BVA.

That’s awesome 👏 

• HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, USNDW said:

I am in a similar situation, but with temporal lobe epilepsy.

I requested an extra-schedular TDIU before my epilepsy was confirmed because I was unable to hold a full-time job.

The extra-schedular claim laid in my C&P file from June of 1987 to May of 2017 with not action.  I had forgotten about it.  The BVA judge remanded the unprocessed 1987 claim and I received back TDIU to September of 1985 in an EED after the Judge had awarded me TDIU presumptively in May of 2017.

There is now in my file an excellent summary of my file by the DROC-DC who did the Memorandum recommending the TDIU back to 1985 which I am using with the SSA CAVES Report (for SSDI) to try to my temporal lobe epilepsy rated from 1974 which should make me 100% P&T.

I highly recommend using the extra-schedular claim in situations where you have a VARO and C&P examiners treating you like you have been treated.  Especially if you have applied for SSDI. 

If you are not working and have not applied for SSI or SSDI, do so.  SSA does a much better investigation of your condition than the VA.  They go out and talk to former employers, friends and family to get a real picture of where you are at.  The CAVES Report will be my salvation to obtain an 1151 in circumstances like yours but related to mistreatment and misdiagnosis of temporal lobe epilepsy with anosognosia.  I do have some arthritis but not as severe as your probably is.

Perhaps we should form a click and send complaints to the VA OIG with copies to our congressmen.  Hard to do much else online like attaching needed documents without risking ID scams for attorneys to look at.

• HadIt.com Elder
54 minutes ago, Stayfocus said:

Did you or do you have an attorney?

I am disappointed in both of my attorneys.  They both took the quick hit for 20% of big paydays with little work on their part.  I would probably have gotten both paydays without either's help.  Now I am left alone.  But with my temporal lobe epilepsy in remission under treatment with Keppra my brain is functioning much better and I can work better now.  I do not know about USNDW

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use