VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Membership Poll - Please take a moment and answer

Rate this question

Tbird

To Help Keep HadIt.com Online  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to pay $1 per month to use the forum? New registered users would be required to pay $1 per month.

• Yes
    • No

Question

6 answers to this question

Yes, I would be willing to pay one dollar per month...I pay 3.00 per month for print cartridges, and I dont even use my printer that much.  Three dollars per month is about as easy as a dollar a month.  

Unfortunately, there have been times in my life when I had no credit card, and even a dollar was cost prohibitive before I got my VA benefits.  And those people should not be excluded.  

Many other sites have "tiered" access.  The more you pay the more you get, since some can afford more.  

I think the discovery plus chanel is about 7 dollars per month.  

Sirius XM radio is about 22.99 per month but few pay that much.  They have "deals" for around 5.00 per month, but you have to commit to a renewal at 22.99 per month unless you call em each year and ask for a new deal.  

Generally, I dont pay for subscriptions, with the few exceptions I mentioned.  

My advice is to have a free trial subscription, say for at least 3 months for new members.  After the trial has ended, do what my church does:  They sometimes charge for an event to cover food, lodging etc, but ask members "who cant afford the cost" to see one of the pastors, and not just forego the event.  

At our church many of the other members help out those who can not afford to pay.  

Being a moderator takes quite a committment in time, so "they have given enough", because our time is valuable, in my opinion.  While I really dont mind paying, I dont like the idea of being forced to pay as a moderator.  Remember, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.  

I dont like "mandantories"...I dont like mandantory vaccinations, for example.  It makes me not want to get one.  We were forced to do many things in the military that we did not want to do, and I have had enough of that.  

This said, I "get" that people are not volunteering enough to "get er done".  

I think what hadit needs is a "corporate" sponsor.  This company would get ads on the company, perhaps even exclusively on the "home" page.  And, like buying "naming rights" to an NFL stadium, they pay well for it.  

Someone at hadit should solicit corporate sponsors.  Im guessing there are a few companies who coulld/would pay 1000 per month or more to keep this site up and free for new members or members who can not afford it.   I have already contacted Gary Sinese foundation about help.  There are other wealthy people who want to help.  Many just want to make sure "the money goes to help Veterans" and not buy luxury cars for executives/founders of the company.  

I think that would describe hadit very well.  I have met Tbird, and she did not offer to give me a ride in her Bugatti or Tesla, for sure, because I dont think she has either.   I think her Van is at least 5 years old, and probably not yet paid for.  

"Ask and ye shall receive".  

As an example, a Veteran could sign up and commit to 5 bucks a month "payable when he gets retro".  Many would do that.  

Edited by broncovet

• Founder

@broncovetThank you for such a well thought out response. Sorry I forgot to add I agree.

If you can afford a $1 a month that would be great, if not we still want to help you so sign up for a free account. You can post and answer questions but not be able to upload or download. (Something like this)

3 Month Free Trial

No Fee for Moderators

No Fee for Elders and Master Chiefs Ranks

Edited by Tbird
added additional information

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe I had a $50.00 annual for no adds before this problem occurred.  When I joined, I was barely making it so could not afford even the dollar.  Probably, when you started, I was living homeless in DC.  Late '90s.  And did not have a computer with me though I had one in Japan where my wife and I lived with and mostly off of her parents' retirements.

In 2009 I received 70% combined up from 50% and my wife and I were going in the hole $200.00 a month because of the weakness of the dollar and her Meniere's syndrome caused her to be unable to work for about 5 years until she found a physician who knew how to cure it.

Now with the forced savings of having an unprocessed extra-schedular TDIU claim dating back to 1987 that granted an EED back to my 1985 last day of work we are doing much better.  Paid off the mortgage on the house we purchased with the 2017 grant of TDIU back 2009 and then bought a rental property with the later larger back payment.

I made an earlier donation of what I would be willing to pay or donate per year to keep HADIT up and running even no matter what.  I know what it means to be poverty stricken when you are unable to work, have not received your SSDI in that 5 plus year wait trying to get it.

If a reader is in that position, press the SSDI claim.  SSA does a great job of investigating your disabilities.  The SSA CAVES REPORT is probably the reason I am doing well now with 100% TDIU EED to 1985.  Ask SSA to submit the CAVES REPORT to the VA.  When you apply for TDIU, the VA will request the CAVES REPORT, but it is better to already have it in your file because the SSA sometimes loses your file.

I agree with Lemeul, that many people will pay not to see ads.  So, the free version could have ads, while people who pay, say $50 per year should get ad free.  I think that may be the way it was in the past.  

PM, for example, could also be reserved for premium subscription holders and moderators.  

In other words, the "free" version could prevent PM, while a paid subscription would allow additional things such as PM, (for a more personal experience), perhaps additional "goodies" such as a VA nationwide phone directory, or, perhaps things like access to VA fast letters.  

People often pay for convenience or to save time.  As an example, specific advice on "effective date appeals" could save hours of searching, some of which members are privy to, and others not so much.  

Appeals on "effective dates" suggests these people have already won their benefits, but want/deserve an earlier date, so they may not be "as broke" as someone with zero benefits.  And it would be worth it to have great advice on effective dates especially if it meant you need not hire an attorney for thousands of bucks.  I have no idea if this is doable or not, I am just noting that "the free hadit" version should be for people desperate to get their benefits or be homeless (like I was), but if they are already 100 percent, it takes the pressure off many of us so we can go for those SMC's and EED's.  

Edited by broncovet