VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NEWS - HadIt.com - Update HadIt.com To Remain Open

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

NEW!!! HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran To Remain Open

A group of volunteers has stepped up to keep HadIt.com up and running. We need more volunteers and we would love your input on the future. Join us at one of the following Zoom Meetings to be a part of the conversation.

Dec 17, 2022 14:00 MST

Jan 7, 2023  14:00 MST

Jan 14, 2023 14:00 MST

• HadIt.com Elder
18 hours ago, Tbird said:

I am working on ideas. I will definitely have something to bring to the table this weekend so stay tuned. You are all a very inspiring group.

Those who are interested in keeping HADIT going should tune in Saturday Zoom meeting to be posted on Friday and Saturday morning for a 2:00 PM Mountain Time Zone meeting.  Link will be posted by me.  I will keep the Zoom subscription but I would prefer Bronco or one of the other primary moderators to lead.  Tbird will lead on Saturday after we figure out a mode to keep order.

In a message to me, Tbird says we need some volunteers for the idea she is going to float.  See her post above.

Need camera and mic on your computer, tablet, or phone.  Camera so we can see you raise your hand to comment. Mic to speak.  To listen you will only need a phone.  

Zoom allows you to mute sound from your mic or the host (me for now) to mute you.  You can join with or without video.

When you click the link, a Zoom download to participate will appear if you do not already have Zoom on your device.  Zoom has to be secure for their business subscriptions so I am sure they have the necessary security service unlike google which caused the problem with the HADIT website.

The meeting allows you to get ready to join 15 minutes prior to meeting time.  My wife is familiar with Zoom as a host and will help me set up the meeting.

• HadIt.com Elder
28 minutes ago, capitan said:

I don't get it. If this site is on the way out, what's to prevent someone from just starting another one, with a different name but the same noble goal?

If necessary, we can go that way.  Join the Zoom meeting Saturday to discuss.  If you have an idea and mode, bring it to the meeting.

On 11/16/2022 at 10:14 AM, Tbird said:

I am writing to you today with some important news about the future of HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran. Dec 17, 2022, will be HadIt.com's and our Community's last day on the web.

I have learned so much from everyone on this site. HADIT was the one place since the military that I felt a sense of belonging, people who understood the challenges as well as benefits as a U.S. Veteran. 

Tbird - so many people have shared my sentiment, so I will just share mine in two words.   THANK YOU. 

• Founder
5 hours ago, capitan said:

I don't get it. If this site is on the way out, what's to prevent someone from just starting another one, with a different name but the same noble goal?

thank captain I have some an idea to present at the Zoom meeting this weekend.