VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

NEWS - HadIt.com - Update HadIt.com To Remain Open

Tbird

Question

• Community Admin

NEW!!! HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran To Remain Open

A group of volunteers has stepped up to keep HadIt.com up and running. We need more volunteers and we would love your input on the future. Join us at one of the following Zoom Meetings to be a part of the conversation.

Dec 17, 2022 14:00 MST

Jan 7, 2023  14:00 MST

Jan 14, 2023 14:00 MST

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• Community Admin
5 hours ago, capitan said:

I don't get it. If this site is on the way out, what's to prevent someone from just starting another one, with a different name but the same noble goal?

thank captain I have some an idea to present at the Zoom meeting this weekend.

Wow I've been on this site since the start, ( under different user names) remember I was the over active monitor that you fired. I guess in my early days I though I could see a fraud a mile away, maybe I could maybe I couldn't.  Anyway, I have mellowed out over the years. I am sorry to see the site close. I haven't used it much lately because of my ongoing medical issues, and I just got over Covid as well. I hope in some small way I helped those who had questions. I know there were times when I received ahswers. I had even worked for the DAV back in 1999 when I retired from civil service, I still don't have all the answers. There will always be low-lifes out there willing to do anything to destry people and things that are good.  May God Bless you in your retirement.

• Community Admin
On 11/16/2022 at 1:36 PM, blahsaysme2u said:

I would like to keep in touch with a lot of you...is there any safe way to get contact info to one another?

Hang in

• Community Admin
8 hours ago, Lemuel said:

If necessary, we can go that way.  Join the Zoom meeting Saturday to discuss.  If you have an idea and mode, bring it to the meeting.

Any legal beagles who want to volunteer we would appreciate your participation. Lawyers PM with questions if interested in helping.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dustoff1970 said:

Maybe you can stay active on FB and Twitter.  You are free to post on my FB page called Veterans Information Journal.  Maybe we can juice it up until you find another arrangement.  I will now allow posting on the VIJ FB page. You and I can be the moderators only.

Please watch for the link and show up on Saturday.  Link will post tomorrow and Saturday morning.  Tbird will lead the discussion on Zoom for the next step from her retirement.

13 minutes ago, Whodat said:

This is some sad news. I have met lots of good people here.  This is bad. 

Please watch for the link and show up on Saturday.  Link will post tomorrow and Saturday morning.  Tbird will lead the discussion on Zoom for the next step from her retirement.

• Like 1

Idea - We can create a subreddit on the website Reddit. Currently for some reason reddit.com/r/hadit is banned for being unmoderated, but we can easily create a forum called HaditOfficial or something with a similar name. *Many* subreddits have over a million members. The benefit of moving to Reddit is no server admin costs, no worries about DDOSing, etc... We would only require moderators to ensure that the Reddit site rules aren't broken. Reddit is also 100% free to use.

Here is an example military subreddit- https://www.reddit.com/r/army/ - it currently has 282,000 members with zero overhead costs to the moderators or anybody else, and all the protections afforded by a super-powerful website. With permission from the moderators /r/army, /r/marines, etc... We might be able to "advertise" our subreddit on their subreddits as a place for those who have had it with the VA.

After creating the subreddit we can copy and paste large amount of information over to it to get everything started, and invite everyone to switch to Reddit. At a minimum this would let us preserve the information from this website.

I think switching to Reddit would be the best move for our community.

Okay, so I've gone ahead and created https://www.reddit.com/r/HaditOfficial I wanted to snag it before any haters can. I'm currently the moderator of the subreddit, and I can help a little bit with getting it set up, but I look forward to handing over mod responsibilities to someone who is basically an encyclopedia of information on Veteran's benefits.

TBird you are the obvious choice to take over the sub, I think you would find Reddit super easy to use compared to programming a huge website in HTML. If you don't want all the responsibility anymore that's also fine, just let me know the users from here to give mod authority to. I've gone ahead and created the username TBirdOfficial for you, thankfully it wasn't taken. Currently it's tied to one of my e-mail addresses but I can give you the password and you can log in on Reddit and change your default e-mail address and password and take over the account. I think it will look good to have TBirdOfficial as a moderator. Also, if you would like me to delete the subreddit just ask.

My username on reddit is KajikiaAudax. You will see me listed as a Moderator on the lower-right hand side of the subreddit.

Sorry to be jumping the gun on this but once someone takes a subreddit name, at least as of now, it's theirs for life, so I wanted to get us the best names possible.

Edited by hemipepsis5p
added https:// so the HaditOfficial reddit link will work (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

• Community Admin
13 minutes ago, hemipepsis5p said:

Idea - We can create a subreddit on the website Reddit. Currently for some reason reddit.com/r/hadit is banned for being unmoderated, but we can easily create a forum called HaditOfficial or something with a similar name. *Many* subreddits have over a million members. The benefit of moving to Reddit is no server admin costs, no worries about DDOSing, etc... We would only require moderators to ensure that the Reddit site rules aren't broken. Reddit is also 100% free to use.

Here is an example military subreddit- https://www.reddit.com/r/army/ - it currently has 282,000 members with zero overhead costs to the moderators or anybody else, and all the protections afforded by a super-powerful website. With permission from the moderators /r/army, /r/marines, etc... We might be able to "advertise" our subreddit on their subreddits as a place for those who have had it with the VA.

After creating the subreddit we can copy and paste large amount of information over to it to get everything started, and invite everyone to switch to Reddit. At a minimum this would let us preserve the information from this website.

Okay, so I've gone ahead and created https://www.reddit.com/r/HaditOfficial I wanted to snag it before any haters can. I'm currently the moderator of the subreddit, and I can help a little bit with getting it set up, but I look forward to handing over mod responsibilities to someone who is basically an encyclopedia of information on Veteran's benefits.

TBird you are the obvious choice to take over the sub, I think you would find Reddit super easy to use compared to programming a huge website in HTML. If you don't want all the responsibility anymore that's also fine, just let me know the users from here to give mod authority to. I've gone ahead and created the username TBirdOfficial for you, thankfully it wasn't taken. Currently it's tied to one of my e-mail addresses but I can give you the password and you can log in on Reddit and change your default e-mail address and password and take over the account. I think it will look good to have TBirdOfficial as a moderator. Also, if you would like me to delete the subreddit just ask.

My username on reddit is KajikiaAudax. You will see me listed as a Moderator on the lower-right hand side of the subreddit.

Sorry to be jumping the gun on this but once someone takes a subreddit name, at least as of now, it's theirs for life, so I wanted to get us the best names possible.

`Wow, you folks never cease to amaze me. That is a an option, but come to the Zoom tomorrow if you can because I may have a better solution.

• Community Admin
5 hours ago, hemipepsis5p said:

Okay I'll try to make it to Zoom. What time is it? Will you PM me the link here? I also went ahead and snagged HaditOfficialTM and set it to private, just in case the haters tried to take it.

Lemuel will post it but as I remember it is Saturday at 14:00 CST. @LemuelPlease correct me if I am wrong and post the link here when you get it so folks can get it scheduled on their calendar

4 minutes ago, Tbird said:

Lemuel will post it but as I remember it is Saturday at 14:00 CST. @LemuelPlease correct me if I am wrong and post the link here when you get it so folks can get it scheduled on their calendar

Time will be 13:00 PST, 14:00 MST. 15:00 CST. and 16:00 EST 

Will post the link when my wife finishes her meeting, probably before 14:00 MST today.  Will also post it tomorrow morning when I get up.

There is another possibility with a friend at Calsoft who I will invite to listen in.  He is the retired owner who has input with the company for a possible buyout which might benefit Tbird's retirement.

5 hours ago, hemipepsis5p said:

Sounds like a good option.  Possible to go ahead with that parallel to any other options that come up? will be a question.

• Community Admin

A quick take on my idea

i give you a different domain name no charge

i transfer the current community under the new name. Other than the website address everything will stay the same.

you will need someone or group of people to own the domain and pay the bills I am trying to find out if we can move down from $169 per month to $99 per month. With our traffic drop we may be able to

I will not own it any more. I will retire. Of course I am open to your thoughts.

• HadIt.com Elder
41 minutes ago, Lemuel said:

Sounds like a good option.  Possible to go ahead with that parallel to any other options that come up? will be a question.

This is a great option- perhaps freezing the site on 0 day and then mirroring the information somewhere like "MEGA" (at least the forum posts) so that it can then be transcribed over, over time. After that the "Mega" file can be deleted. I don't know what kind of file size we're talking about, though, so that may be implausible to stupidly impossible. Id volunteer as a Mod on Reddit- im there all the time anyway, but Id leave that up to Tbird/Vync/Bronc/other members. Take a poll of suggestions for mods from the current pool, and maybe a few others of the community here if you want to add a few, Poll it to the current site members, then Lemuel can grant Mod authority on Reddit once the list is whittled down. 

The invitation is below.  Time is 13:00 PST, 14:00 MST, 15:00 CST, 16:00 EST

Lemuel Bray is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: HADIT meeting
Time: Nov 19, 2022 02:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/8393642627?pwd=XqC3Z3yqlMFKCHX0EWCngS4F1FfWeq.1

Meeting ID: 839 364 2627
Passcode: 23kHzC
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,8393642627#,,,,*840551# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,8393642627#,,,,*840551# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 444 9171 US
        +1 719 359 4580 US
        +1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
        +1 253 205 0468 US
        +1 360 209 5623 US
        +1 386 347 5053 US
        +1 507 473 4847 US
        +1 564 217 2000 US
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 646 931 3860 US
        +1 689 278 1000 US
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 305 224 1968 US
        +1 309 205 3325 US
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Passcode: 840551
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kdSCMJRtE4

9 minutes ago, Lemuel said:

The invitation is below.  Time is 13:00 PST, 14:00 MST, 15:00 CST, 16:00 EST

Lemuel Bray is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: HADIT meeting
Time: Nov 19, 2022 02:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/8393642627?pwd=XqC3Z3yqlMFKCHX0EWCngS4F1FfWeq.1

Passcode: 23kHzC
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,8393642627#,,,,*840551# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,8393642627#,,,,*840551# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 444 9171 US
        +1 719 359 4580 US
        +1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
        +1 253 205 0468 US
        +1 360 209 5623 US
        +1 386 347 5053 US
        +1 507 473 4847 US
        +1 564 217 2000 US
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 646 931 3860 US
        +1 689 278 1000 US
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 305 224 1968 US
        +1 309 205 3325 US
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Passcode: 840551
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kdSCMJRtE4

You will be able to log in to the meeting and check your audio/video up to 30 minutes prior to the meeting.  I will log in and open the waiting room 30 minutes early.

Use this thread in the 30-minute waiting room time to get help to download, check your system compatibility, or Zoom support which will automatically be on your sign in to get into the waiting room and check in with us.  Tbird is more familiar with Zoom than I am and hopefully a little more familiar than my wife.  She knows how to use the background to mask what is behind her.

Hopefully we will get everyone in on the first try.  You can download free to set up your account early.  You can also use Zoom free to host a 40-minute meeting with friends or relatives to get familiar with the system.

We use Zoom on Holidays to join with my son and grandchildren in California.