VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NEWS - HadIt.com - Update HadIt.com To Remain Open

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

NEW!!! HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran To Remain Open

A group of volunteers has stepped up to keep HadIt.com up and running. We need more volunteers and we would love your input on the future. Join us at one of the following Zoom Meetings to be a part of the conversation.

Dec 17, 2022 14:00 MST

Jan 7, 2023  14:00 MST

Jan 14, 2023 14:00 MST

• HadIt.com Elder
2 minutes ago, blahsaysme2u said:

I would like to keep in touch with a lot of you...is there any safe way to get contact info to one another?

I just was on zoom with Tbird from the link posted above.  I think she has our emails and can send a zoom invitation to everyone.  I will subscribe so we can have longer meetings than the 40 minutes. Her Zoom subscription was cancelled so she only had a free 40-minute time period that cut us off before we finished.

The meeting has to be set for a time period.  We could meet at specific times on Saturday and Sunday when Zoom is not crowded, and most would have free time to meet. Zoom will have to do better security than Google or they will lose their commercial business.

Time limits depend upon your subscription.  I will subscribe and set up a meeting for Saturday and post like she did. This will be much less expensive than maintaining her website.  I am 82 so someone who is younger should also get a Zoom account.  That would enable us to host different questions at the same time and keep it going after I am permanently gone.

She put everything she had into HADIT and has nothing left but her VA compensation and some bounced checks.  Not a problem because VA comp and SSA are not attachable.

I would use my wife's subscription, but I never know when she needs it.

Look for the post from me that says, "does anyone want to meet?" on Saturday for 2:00PM MT time.  The link will be included.  You can download Zoom free and join the meeting.  We only need one subscription holder. I will open a HADIT email account that everyone can send me their email address to so I can make a list to email out to.  It will only be used for that purpose.  Might be best to open separate email accounts for your participation other than your regular email account.  I use protonmail.com for encrypted email.  I will probably use Gmail initially and just collect addresses from there to start.  Then check to see if your email provider is compatible with protonmail to 

If anyone hears of anyone that needs help forward the link to their address.  We will discuss which questions or problems to address at the Saturday meeting and a time to discuss a particular problem for future meetings.

Hope we can pick up some of the very knowledgeable moderators. Do not invite former member.  If he shows up, I will be able to drop him out.  He would monopolize the conversation.  The Zoom moderator can set a means of calling on someone to speak or just let everyone break in if the group is small.  If anyone feels they are not being heard enough they can set up and do their own Zoom.  Even for free but limited times and duration.

You can set your window to see the people on camera.  You do not have to go on camera and can join voice only.  The current speaker will have the main window.

My wife opens 15 minutes prior to meeting time so there is time to sort out who is there and what, she does readings from religious books and prayers that are in print from the Baha'i Faith, a universal religion that accepts all major religions and some that are not so major.  Not just a unitarian mode.

If done right, we can use this method.  Just will not have advertising for revenue to keep it going or pay the subscription which is not that expensive.  I will post what it costs me after I set up my Zoom account.

• Founder
1 hour ago, blahsaysme2u said:

I would like to keep in touch with a lot of you...is there any safe way to get contact info to one another?

I need a few days to think about this.

• HadIt.com Elder
15 minutes ago, Tbird said:

I need a few days to think about this.

I can wait until Friday or another Friday to get my Zoom account.  Let me know when you are ready.  I will check if I can subscribe so that you can be the controller or someone I trust, like Bronco, who is in the same time zone I am in.

• Founder
Just now, Lemuel said:

I can wait until Friday or another Friday to get my Zoom account.  Let me know when you are ready.  I will check if I can subscribe so that you can be the controller or someone I trust, like Bronco, who is in the same time zone I am in.

You name it and I’ll be there.

• HadIt.com Elder

My wife has the $149.90 annual subscription.  I can handle that which would allow 100 participants at a time.  Appears only the subscriber can host.  I would do my best to be fair and would not monopolize.  Instead, I would call upon those who are known to be knowledgeable, like Bronco and others you would nominate to lead including yourself.  We could set the signals for participation in the first meeting so everyone could be seen to want to speak at any given time.

• HadIt.com Elder
15 minutes ago, Tbird said:

You name it and I’ll be there.

I will get the account and post my first Zoom meeting on Friday and Saturday for 2:00 PM on Saturday.  I will post under this thread and as a question.  The meeting open to sign on 15 minutes ahead of the meeting time.

Downloads of zoom is free to anyone who wants to participate.  The download will be available to those who do not already have Zoom on their computer, tablet, or phone when you click the link to the Zoom meeting.

I downloaded to my new computer when I clicked the link for Tbird's earlier Zoom invitation.  Let us start with her spitballs on Saturday, 11/19/22 at 2:00 PM Mountain Time Zone time.