VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With Diagnoses

Rate this question

bosun

Question

can any body tell me what this means

axis 1. ptsd

axis 2. deferred

axis 3. htn, djd, gerd, restless legs

axis 4. social isoilation, occupational and financial stressors

axis 5. 49

what does all this mean im 40% sc now

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Guest jangrin

Diagnostic Status

Axis I disorders

Axis II disorders

Axis III disorders

Axis IV (psychosocial and environmental problems)

Axis V (GAF score: current)

Axis I=PTSD

Axis II=Deferred (uaually left uo to the opinion of another licensed professional)

Axis III= (physical diagnosis)hypertension, Degenerative joint disease,Gerd,Restless

leg syndrome -may be service related or not depending on your medical

records.

Axis IV= Dr.'s opinion of how you function in the social, family and financial areas

as well as any stressors that may complicate treatment or issues.

Axis V= GAF (global assesment functioning) score

Multiaxial System -

DSM-III and DSM-III-R

Axis I - Includes the "clinical syndromes," i.e., the major mental disorders. This axis comprises what most people think of as mental illnesses. It is composed of approximately 15 categories of mental disorders, each comprising a distinct group or class of mental illness (e.g., Mood, anxiety, psychotic, or dissociative disorders). Each group or class (e.g., mood disorders/anxiety disorders) contains distinct disorders (e.g., major depressive disorder, bipolar I and II disorders, etc./panic and anxiety disorders, phobias, PTSD) which make up that group.

Axis II - Includes longstanding and en-during personality traits and matura-tional/developmental deficits and delays. Personality traits are "enduring patterns of perceiving, relating to, and thinking about the environment and oneself, "and are exhibited in a wide range of important social and personal contexts. It is only when personality traits are inflexible, maladaptive and cause either significant functional impairment or subjective distress that they constitute an actual disorder. The essence of maturational/developmental delays is a disturbance in the acquisition of "cognitive, language, motor, or social skills." Such disturbances may be pervasive (as with mental retardation), involve delays or deficits in specific skills (reading, arithmetic, language), or involve qualitative distortions in multiple areas of normal development (autism).

Axis III - Includes physical disorders and medical conditions that may affect psychological functioning.

Axis IV - Includes psychosocial stressors that may influence psychological functioning, they are rated on a five-point scale from "mild" (relationship breakup) to "catastrophic" (death of a child or spouse).

Axis V - Includes the delineation of a longitudinal context (known as the Global Assessment of Functioning [GAF]) within which to appraise psychological functioning. Social, psychological and occupational functioning is rated on a 100-point scale of mental illness which includes 90 (absent or minimal symptoms, "good functioning in all areas"), through 50 (serious symptoms, "suicidal ideation, severe obsessional rituals...serious impairment in some functioning") to 20-10 ("persistent danger of severely hurting self or others...persistent inability to maintain minimal personal hygiene [smears feces]...serious suicidal acts with clear expectation of death).

Edited by jangrin

wow thanks for help should i file for sc on this and if i did what would be my chances of winning i am already 40% sc and these would secondary conditions