VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dependent Payment

Rate this question

erax

Question

This is a two part question. I'm 100% P-n-T

First I lived with my parents for 4 years when I was critally sick and bed-ridden. Is there compensation for them during that time period.

next my daughter starts college next Fall semester.If she lives with me while attenting college is there any extra compensation beside the living allowance. Also,what all does the chapter 35 pay for. I HEARD THAT THEY DONT PAY FOR classes, BOOKS ect....

USMC

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think it is important to get this all straight-

you are right that the $860 is the full time rate-if your dependents go to school full time the $860 will possibly cover all of their tuition.After they have paid their tuition- and they will have the full time rate broken down by VA into a daily rate.and get this as checks in the mail, broken down by months of attendance.

I dont know why I am full time at AMU- I think it is because of additional Certificate military studies program I was in.

VA paid for that but in essense I was earning this certificate at the same ime as earning a degree-so VA only paid once for these courses

that were so hard they were both for Certificate (which I have) as well as towards my degree program.

I just do not want anyone out there to think that Chap 35 brings them any extra cash-

it costs me money to go to school under Chap 35.

VA send me back what I paid for tuition- I pay all the extras- PC Peripherals, paper, ink, floppies, also Amazon.c0m made a small fortune off me over last 4 years as I buy additional books to study for the course work.

I think we are saying the same thing- just not saying it carefully.

• HadIt.com Elder
I think it is important to get this all straight-

you are right that the $860 is the full time rate-if your dependents go to school full time the $860 will possibly cover all of their tuition.After they have paid their tuition- and they will have the full time rate broken down by VA into a daily rate.and get this as checks in the mail, broken down by months of attendance.

I dont know why I am full time at AMU- I think it is because of additional Certificate military studies program I was in.

VA paid for that but in essense I was earning this certificate at the same ime as earning a degree-so VA only paid once for these courses

that were so hard they were both for Certificate (which I have) as well as towards my degree program.

I just do not want anyone out there to think that Chap 35 brings them any extra cash-

it costs me money to go to school under Chap 35.

VA send me back what I paid for tuition- I pay all the extras- PC Peripherals, paper, ink, floppies, also Amazon.c0m made a small fortune off me over last 4 years as I buy additional books to study for the course work.

I think we are saying the same thing- just not saying it carefully.

Okay but . . . . what I'm saying is if a person in CA or wherever is able to attend school for free they'll still get the $860 a month and they can use that for books, fees, gas, beer, movies, ie: school and/or living expenses. Okay I've beaten this topic to death. Enuf.

pr

i know chapter 31 you get paid but they have to be on your comp dependents to get paid for them but i believe you dont get it with chapter 35. ill review