VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ar - Arkansas Veterans Benefits

Special License Plates

Available For Veterans

In 2005, the Arkansas Legislature passed legislation that allows veterans to purchase special license plates for vehicles at a cost of $3.75.

This legislation went into effect in April 2006 and was sent to all revenue offices in the state. The eligibility requirements for the special military license plates are as follows:

Veterans who served during World War II, Dec. 7, 1941, to Dec. 31, 1946; Korean War, June 27, 1950, to Jan. 31, 1955; Vietnam War, July 1, 1958 to May 7, 1975; and the Persian Gulf War, Aug. 2, 1990, to Nov. 30, 1995.

The veteran must present a copy of his or her DD214 to the revenue office at the time of renewal. If the license plate has already been renewed for this year, a refund may be obtained by presenting the 2008 plate, vehicle registration and DD214 to the local revenue office.

The special license plate will be presented to the veteran for $1.25 and a refund for the price difference will be mailed to the veteran from the state auditor. The plates may also be reissued to the surviving spouse of a deceased war veteran to whom the plate was issued at the regular fee for the vehicle.

In order to obtain a refund for license plates purchased since April 2006, call the Claims Commission at 501-682-1619.

The Office of Motor Vehicles in Little Rock is researching this legislation to determine whether it pertains to reservists and National Guard members who served during these campaign periods.

A copy of a lost DD214 may be obtained by emailing the Office of Veteran Records at http://vetrecs.archives.gov.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to you bubblehead80 I just got my new tag 1.25 tag and also have a refund coming in the mail. They ripped me two years and say they will only refund one year. I had not heard a word about this vet license discount tag or no one else know has. I was the first pain in the butt vet to come into the hometown revenue office and ask for a refund and a new tag since the law took effect. The revenue office lady said she just got the memo on this new law Sept 07, 2008, just last week and it went into effect in April of 06. I believe we have some VA employees that transfered to the state license office in Little Rock. Thanks again for posting.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...